Not worth playing if F2P

the weekly is still crazy Using the hero power 30 turns or spending 750 mana to finish a quest and others just worst. is not fun it is like a job with the amount of time you have to play. Then the xp is not high enough to even give worth doing as you get higher up the battle pass but it starts costing thousands of xp to even move up one level for a reward.

I used to complete it weekly , but not possible now.

6 Likes

Oof, that quest is brutal.
On what I call ā€œthe turn 2 metaā€ which is right now itā€™s too hard.

How am I supposed to complete it when the game is decided on turn 2.

I just decide to uninstall Hearthstone just not worth the time not fun anymore it turned into a job and then more of something to enjoy playing.

3 Likes

Good for you friend.

1 Like

I definitely get the outrage for those that play very casually and want to still be able to play the game ftp consistently. But this change is actually beneficial for some ftp players. 20% more gold is actually a lot of gold in the long run, and if you play a few games everyday, you will complete all weeklies without even trying.

The game became a little less casual-friendly (unless you donā€™t mind paying), but itā€™s no less ftp now. Itā€™s arguably easier to be ftp now if you play regularly. They clearly implemented this change to milk casual players.

Edit: I never really understood the whole: ā€˜Iā€™m hating the meta so now I only log in to complete my dailies and then log offā€™. That very much seems like some sort of job. Whenever I donā€™t enjoy the game I just quit, I pay very little attention to quests in general.

2 Likes

It donā€™t enjoy meta but the weekly is just not worth it anymore it takes too much time to complete with very little reward. It looks like you are getting more but actually not maybe 20% more that drops in the bucket when comes to higher levels in battle when like over 2000 or 3000 to complete one level. If were get gold each reward maybe it would be worth it but not cards, tavern pass card packs and etc.

Exactly; I reroll the ones that are demanding & keep the ones that can be completed passively.

There is no compulsion to ā€œhurry upā€ & finish them, immediately.

An important note here: No one owes you a free game to play.

Iā€™m not saying anyone owes a free game to play I possibly because have over 3000 or more dollars in the game. but it is not worth the cost the bundle costs more for less. I used to drop 50 or 100 a month but not no more.

1 Like

Only you can determine if the time &/or money is well spent.

Each person has their own metric & yet some of us look for affirmation where none is needed.

2 Likes

Sentiments like this are why giving rewards for playing games was a bad idea. I remember a time when we would just play games to play gamesā€¦ ESPECIALLY card games. When one would have to venture to their local shop and have to spend money to get new cards.

Iā€™m f2p and I am still able to complete all the quests pretty easily because I work only part-time. It benefits me in terms of resources, but it does mean I donā€™t get to spend as much time playing the modes or decks I want because now I have to win so much. Iā€™m looking up the best decks instead of building my own and I feel bad for my opponents having to face me.

People who work full-time and have more money but less time than I have are the ones who stand to lose the most from these harder quests. They paid for the Tavern Pass but now may not be able to complete it and could lose out on all the cosmetics and resources they expected to get. And in their limited time off theyā€™re going to lose to people like me more than they used to and theyā€™re not going to have any fun at all. And Iā€™m ultimately going to be sorry when they decide to stop paying my way. Hopefully the quests will be reverted before it comes to that.

Iā€™d sooner wish for a ticket to the Wonka Chocolate factory.

3 Likes

I donā€™t see them reverting because it is for more profit. Now that Hearthstone player base has declined over the years. This way try to make more off the reaming players.

This isnā€™t true.

Paying attention to them is very important for optimizing gameplay, if you do f2p.

Without it you will miss on multiple legendaries and the miniset at least.

1 Like

worth it for new bots, more exp

1 Like

I also quit and im not free to play because im not interested to do second job.

1 Like

If that is not true then why fill the void with bots instead of having normal humans to play against because they donā€™t want you waiting in a queue too long. If more bots donā€™t show the decline of Hearthstone I donā€™t know what will.

1 Like

Most quests are completed without even trying if you play regularly, and the amount of gold you get for free in the game is pretty huge. I used to spend gold in duels but since thatā€™s gone now, I am hoarding gold like never before. I played 0 games in two weeks before this patch and I still have over 3000 gold rn. The only expense I commonly have in this game is the battle pass and I have all standard cards, so I donā€™t have this issue. Even without the battle pass, you donā€™t need to pay much attention to quests to have everything you need. Just play regularly enough.

1 Like

Sounds like pure imaginationā€¦

1 Like