Not earning battlegrounds rating after rating reset

I got a second place in a battlegrounds, and it said I had 0 rating with +0 rating. I then got a 7th place next and it still said 0 rating with +0 rating. It shows as 0 on both the social list and the battlegrounds queue screen. The person I am queuing with is experiencing the same problem.

15 Likes

I am also having this problem as well as both of my sons.

2 Likes

Question: are both of you playing grouped up when this is happening? I am currently experiencing the same thing, while playing with my friend, but earlier when I was playing alone I was getting rating just fine

1 Like

Same thing here while playing with friends . Got second and no mmr gain

1 Like

Mine was with a group. My son just got +9 for finishing 1st and I got 0 for 2nd.

1 Like

Yep, after playing a few solo after my friend got off I played a couple more, placed 1st the first +300 and 3rd in the second +200 and some change. Not sure if entirely intentional, but it seems as though right now, playing together with others stop the gain of all MMR.

1 Like

Yes, I was queued with another player. I’m hoping it’s not intentional, either.

2 Likes

I too am experiencing this. Earlier today I got rating like normal. Then I que with my boyfriend and we get +0 each game no matter what.

2 Likes

same issue playing with freind atm no mmr.

2 Likes

I am experiencing the same. I’ve played about 5 games since the reset - In one game I got 5th place +33 points, but every other game I got +0, including the last game I played and got 2nd place with +0. That’s pretty de-motivating…

2 Likes

I have the same problem with the points. The games I’ve played today with a friend, I got 4th, 3rd, then 6th place and I got zero points for each of them. Yesterday I played one on my own, i got first and received 300 points. I guess we have to play solo until that is fixed. Feels like such a waste playing those games and getting nothing though. :confused:

1 Like

same issue here when I queue with a friend who had the same MMR as me before the reset

1 Like

Same here. Playing with my husband, I got 1st and only went up 10 pts., my 2nd place win 0pts.
We both went up on solo matches. Makes me not even wanna play.

5 Likes

I have the same issue.

1 Like

So either this is a bug or Blizzard doesn’t want people to play with friends. Weird.

2 Likes

Ya, Me and My friend noticed, that 9 points for first, 0 points for all other placements. if you are grouped up.
if you play solo, you gain the normal rating as before.
But party play, does not work.

An update: I also got 9 rating for first place, and continue to get 0 rating for 2-8th while queuing with a friend. If this is intentional, I would think the downside is that these players can stay at extremely low rating if they stay in a group and dominate the newbie lobbies for quite some time. I’m guessing due to that potential for exploitation, this would not be an intended change. Also it feels bad not being able to gain rating for these games.

Same here. Seems to be a bug just for playing in a party. Any updates?

Yup. I’m having the same issue. I played 4 games since the patch. All grouped up with other friends. I placed 1st twice and got 9 points each time. I placed 3rd and 8th the other two games and got 0 points.

Is possible is the inverse , Blizzard is putting money on competitive battleground and in last tournament there was a “cheating” scandal of wintrading parties to boost player to hit qualification mmr.
So is possible they do something to block mmr gain on friend parties.
But like this seems too extreme …