Newbie Trying to Learn

What is all of this stuff about decks and building them and the mechanics of using them. I’m finding myself more confused than anything when it comes to this, and I’m pretty sure it’s all quite significant to this game.

Naturally most people watch a bunch of streams and get the just, must have been word of mouth for you though no matter.

Rank wise this is a meta game, defined decks such as ‘face hunter’ or current libram pally have a high win rate for instance, and these decks you can find by google if need be, if you have the cards unlocked, which tends to be the initial wall for new players.

Personally I dont go meta as it is restrictive and quite repetative, which isn’t to say they cant be fun but mostly they are to win. I’d recommend picking a class or 2 and sticking with them to become familiar with plays and card context such as spell burst etc, finding combinations is key. Ideally you want 2 or each card in your deck to increase the chance of it being drawn to hand, there may be a small handful of special individual minions or spells that will act as modifiers or supplements tho keep the individual list short, otherwise your draws will be pure rng.

Go through as much of the single player to unlock cards and give you ideas, avoid arena until you become efficient. Have patience above all, theres a learning curve and slight adjustments per season can potentially alter your deck. Some decks will seem impossible to beat and make you wonder, dont think too hard about it especially if your new.

No1 can really tell you the best way to play, ideally you wanna have fun so dont fall prey to meta junkies and set approaches, nothing feels better than ganking a high deck with something unexpected, it’s the most fun.

Being early, save your dust and on dusting new cards (unless they are Golden standard cards, dust them for high dust return), build your availability up and know it may be slow initially, stick with it. Took me 3yrs of casual play before I became a consistant threat on the board through experimenting, but honestly it’s a game you can drop and come back to with something new. And if you haven’t already I do suggest some YouTube vids.

Decks are also split between standard and wild, when a season ends some standard cards will become wild as new cards are brought in, meaning you cant use them in standard rank play, but there is a rank system for both wild and standard.
May be some help to add peeps to friends for advice or practice, feel free to add me.

Google it! Specify what you don’t understand!

Good Luck, I hope everything goes well for you.