Newbie Looking For Guidance

I have only been playing a few weeks but done a lot of reading.

I have beaten all basic AI, 6 of 9 expert AI, am at lvl 28 on the ladder, have been using Trump designed decks and my heroes are Priest - 4, Warlock - 11, Rogue - 10, Paladin - 1, Druid - 10, Shaman - 6, Warrior - 10, Hunter - 11, Mage - 17. I have completed all my daily challenges.

I had 1300 in gold but spent 300 on basic packs. What should I be buying?

I have been following a Reddit thread on the order to do things.

Any help appreciated. Thank you.

Do you prefer standard format?

If so I would stick to the two most recent expansions, Scholomance & Ashes of Outland. They will be relevant the longest. Every year around April they do a rotation and 3 old sets leave standard and one new set is added.

You are guaranteed a legendary within your first 10 packs of each set.

Although I’ve yet to play wild, standard seems to be ok by me.

So I should buy 1 pack at a time in Scholomance until I get my first legendary then do the same in Outland? If I understand what I’ve been reading correctly.

Thank you for your reply.

You can download the solo adventure Knights of the Frozen Throne for free.
Just beat the prologue, which is super easy and you’ll get a free legendary death knight card.
Just click on the link below.

@kazakus, thank you.

Got the card. Can’t be used until Bronze 10 though. Still, it’s part of my collection.

1 Like

which free deck did u pick?

Which death knight card did you get, if I may ask you?

@Ilman, I didn’t pick one yet
@Kazakus, now I can’t find it. It costs 10 mana to play but is not in my collection. Hmmmm

It is a Wild card, it can only be used in Wild. To see your Wild cards in your collection you click the thing that looks like a book and select “All Cards”. 10 mana would mean it’s Shadowreaver Gul’dan.

Another thing to note is that you should absolutely open at least one pack of Descent of Dragons, you will get 5 Legendary Dragon Hero cards. They’re pretty good.

1 Like

Um yeah I would start there just to get some cards. Sorry for the late reply.

Welcome.

I have been playing for 3 years. Reached Legend 3 times.

I advise:

1. Ignore Wild for right now, and probably for a year.
  2. Open packs for each Standard set, 1 at a time, until you open a Legendary.
  3. Only open AoO and SA packs after that, until you have opened ~55 packs and you have all Common and Rare cards.
2 Likes

Pretty good advices here from others.
The problem with classic set cards is that many of them are quite weak.
Well, I built myself a fast deck with a decent win rate to grind gold in casual and buy packs, then I play for one win in Tavern. Ranked is too frustrating for me :slight_smile:

Thank you for your replies. Much appreciated.

The knight card is Bloodreaver Gul’dan.

if we should focus on Scholomance & Ashes of Outland, are there any good decks with basic, classic and Scholomance & Ashes of Outland sets?

I finally got my last 2 classes to lvl10 today and went to play arena because I have a daily arena task. Says not open until all classes are lvl10 or higher. Well they are. So, that must mean I have to get Demon Hunter unlocked and to lvl10 as well?