New Warrior Weapon Card - Wrenchcalibur

4 mana 3/2 epic

After your hero attacks shuffle a bomb into your opponent’s deck.

https://www.hearthpwn.com/forums/hearthstone-general/card-discussion/231390-new-warrior-card-wrenchcalibur

o dear,they are dedicating several cards to this archetype.

what is it,a spell,a weapon a minion?

ah its a weapon thx. Its not an archetype I am excited about and all the cards dedicated to it are only good for this 1 specific archetype. (no complaint,just giving feedback). Its very pre made. Bomb warrior put in all the bomb cards. Meh,sry to say so.

1 Like

Look at the name, it’s a weapon.

1 Like

It’s a 3/2 Weapon. So you can give your opponent quite a few bombs.

The best name. The. Very. Best.

9 Likes

Jeez, combine it with that new legendary, they’re really going all out on this new bomb archetype. Part of me is afraid it’s going to be this super broken rng highroll deck, and the other part of me just wants to see people go boom.

Assuming tempo can be kept and you don’t fall too behind on board, adding durability to this weapon could be valuable. Captain Greenskin, two Upgrades, and for Wild, that Gheist that prevents durability loss. Each one of those methods could represent one extra bomb.

We just need to see if those bombs are even worthwhile.

I am so happy that this weapon is even cost for Wild >.>

phew

3 Likes

Seems underwhelming to be honest… 3/2 for 4 mana without any tempo-effect is going to hurt.

This weapon alone might be the bottleneck for the whole Bomb Warrior arch-type, imo a pity.

Junkrat Theme deck:
Blastmaster Boom
Wrenchcalibur
Clockwork Goblin
Captain Greenskin
Upgrade
Seaforium Bomber
Whirliglider
Explodinator
Missile Launcher
Dyn-o-matic
Dr. Boom, Mad Genius

It’s foolproof…:crazy_face:

4 Likes

Will it though? The kind of deck that is interested in planting a bunch of bombs in the opponent’s deck is going to be more of a control focused deck since you want the game to go long enough that all your bombs are likely to go off.

Control warrior will still have a lot of tools to draw games out and can run things like Execute, Weapons Project, and Warpath now that Baku is leaving.

2 Likes

This weapon is pretty dang good. Surprised to see people sleeping on it.

2 Likes

This weapon’s pretty busted imo. 2 of these gets you 6 damage each for a total of 12, and then the 2 bombs for each weapon takes the total up to 32 damage. That’s insane just for two cards, and not even including the synergy with Blastmaster Boom and the other bomb cards. Insane value for 4 mana.

Seaforium bomber never saw real play (I think some meme shudderwock decks played it) but with enough redundancy in the bombs-in-the-deck concept, it becomes a lot more attractive.

1 Like

And another card based to see play just in one archetype: Bomb warrior.

Seriusly will warrior ever have a good tempo based weapon to replace fwa?

1 Like

Most of the time the early weapons are used to control the board.

We have yet to see planting bomb on turn 4 will do any good… I hope it does.

1 Like

I’m sold

Looks like I found my main deck for the next 2 years.

I give it a 10!

1 Like

Goblin-Wrenchcalibur-Bomber-Blastmaster will give you 6 boombots at table. Even with random damage from them it is close to lethal at turn 8.

Sure, but I don’t think you can always count on the perfect draw and then the opponent drawing all the bombs that quickly so you’ll need a plan to survive for when you get unlucky.

In my humble opinion, I think that this bomb warrior looks like oodles of fun…even if it’s just for memery.

1 Like

You don’t need a perfect draw. That’s why redundancy for such mechanics is great.

A single weapon before t7 means boom spawns with 4 boombots.

Getting 2/6 of the cards before you play Boom means he’ll spawn with 4-6(max) bots already.