New warrior common: Ironclad

3 mana
2/4
Mech
Battlecry: If your hero has armor, gain +2/+2

I find it weird that no one has talked about this.
An “easy condition” 3 mana 4/6 seems really good to me.

Especially with the new 1 drop that gives armor, it wouldn’t be uncommon to be able to coin this for a turn 2 4/6

7 Likes

I had considered making a thread for this, but decided that it didn’t necessarily have that much to say about it (and several of the other threads for cards with similar good, but not that exciting abilities were getting almost no replies).

It does offer a good pile of stats for the cost if you meet the condition. But without something like the hero version of Dr. Boom, it’s pretty much just a very good stat stick.

Thinking about the conversation in the thread about Spiked Wheel, though, I wonder whether they’re going to try to give Warrior more cards that try to combo Armor into aggressive effects for some sort of hybrid/midrange type aggressive armor Warrior.

1 Like

With the mech tag, this looks like support for menagerie warrior

1 Like

I think it’s hard to imagine what type of deck this would fit into since most Warrior decks that gain lots of armor don’t benefit a ton from the tempo gain of a 3 mana 4/6. Looks like they’re trying to push some type of armor gaining midrange Warrior. I’m having a hard time seeing that working.

1 Like

Why do you say you don’t benefit from it. Just look back on Control Warrior with Dr. Boom that ran multiple 1-drops just because they were busted. Turns out when a control deck also has good early game, it becomes oppressive. Playing a 3 mana 4/6 could accomplish similar goal, considering that 1 mana 1/3 that grants armor could absolutely be used with it.

Pushing for menagerie warrior. Imagine if Zilliax was still in standard.

That’s the problem.

Warrior is losing win conditions of which every every Standard uses one or two of:
Galakrond
Bombs
Skipper
Bloodsworn Mercenary

Warrior needs new win conditions, or for the meta to power down enough that tempo menagerie becomes viable.

This supports neither.

2 Likes

Stat stick with no additional effect is horrible choice for meta these days

Good point. I didn’t check stuff and was under impression that ETC package doesn’t rotate…

Seems like notable things remaining are Rattlegore and Troublemakers, but without Dimensional Ripper and Commencement only. Yeah, seems like maybe Bloodboil Brute and tempo will be the way to win, somehow.

1 Like

If you have armor in turn three, you don’t really need a 4/6 taunt. I mean its sweet but not game winning.

If you need a 4/6 taunt on turn three, you probably don’t have armor.

That said, the new 1 mana 1/3 with battlecry give both heros 4 armor fits this perfectly for a 4 mana play against aggro.

The card seems good, it’s basically cheap stats for the cost. But I don’t really see any reason why the current warrior builds would play that.

I don’t think so just because the mechs menagerie warrior runs now are already the most plentiful/best minions in the deck. I don’t think another mech is what will make menagerie warrior a thing.

Yeah, you’re probably right. It will be still be hard to make the cut for that deck. Crazy that an easy condition 3 mana 4/6 might not see play, but I guess when stuff like argent braggart get cut, stat piles are not great anymore

ikr?
how powercrept has the game gotten that we look at a 3 mana 4/6 and go “meh”