New Warlock Card: "WHEEL OF DEATH!"

8 mana legendary shadow spell: “Destroy your deck. In five turns, destroy the enemy hero.”

Is this some sick joke blizz

2 Likes

If Warlock has cards to stall 5 turns, then it’s possible. Consider the existence of that 30/30 lifesteal taunt minion and maybe some board wipes and shuffles.

1 Like

Polarizing, but 5 Turns are a lot, even the 3 Turns of Bonelord sometimes feel long and that comes down on 6.

Looks completely fine to me, and it’s also a very cool effect.
Also if anyone has the allowance, go ahead and post the card here so that people can see it.

Great Legendary IMO.

4 Likes

Legendary · Spell · Whizbang

6 Likes

Finally a card to punish all those yog location players

7 Likes

Ues great and interactive design. NOT

1 Like

I dislike the precedent this cards sets, regardless of whether or not it is good or weak.

6 Likes

It’s basically a combo deck.

Think about it, you have to hold the cards you need to survive 5 turns of late game in your hand, before you can play that, which basically makes this a combo deck.

Something along the lines of twisting nether x2, titan x2 and something else removal-y

I think this could be a serious threat in right hands xD with enough card draw

2 Likes

buzzword.
Perhaps that Warlock will play ‘8 mana do nothing’, start immediately fatiguing and still need to wait 5 Turns to win, clearly does not allow for interaction …

Worst-case scenario you still have 13 Turns to interact with your Warlock opponent to kill them before this goes through.

1 Like

I might as well shove bunch of bombs into their deck and make them draw until it hits 15 damage of fatigue.

2 Likes

spell next turn you use reno hero card 1 stage enemy turn weak by 1 minion your turn stage 2 sergaras or board clear stage 3 2 left to some more board clear twisting nether etc job done

3 Likes

It’s not s buzzword. This game is is getting ridiculously solitaire where board doesn’t even matter. Play card play your removal win the game.

Yes very interesting design. Stop this bs you’re talking because it’s cringe.

6 Likes

Solitaire is Naga DH, this allows for at least 13 Turns of interaction.
And will probably at best be memeable.
By the way, Solitaire is another buzzword.

Pre-nerfed Jailer was 10-times stronger than this card and it took expansions and expansions to go by before it became a problem. You are overreacting.

1 Like

Kind of.

First off, with an empty deck, playing cards like Reno even in a dupe deck which buys you two turns. Cards like Void Virtuoso and Harp prevent you from taking fatigue. There’s a lot of ways of working around the downside.

Again even if it is a bad card it sets an unhealthy precedent.

4 Likes

I don’t know if this will see much use. Five turns is a lot. And look at that mana-cost.

3 Likes

Just compare the card to Odyn and you can realize why it will be bad.
Odyn even provides a body and Warrior players can still find themselves unable of playing it because of consistent pressure.

Now take away the body, take away any positive effect for 5 Turns, give a bad effect instead of destroying your own deck and you got Wheel of Death.

Even if you die after 5 Turns because of it you can’t even be mad because …

2 Likes

It’s 8-mana do nothing, and for 5 turns you don’t draw and also take 10 (maybe 15) total damage. It’s either useless or an e.t.c. option to keep priests at bay. I overreacted the same way about Immolate.

4 Likes

now is alot but you not yet see all card reveal to WL maybe is permanent immune to fatigue like warrior whit battlecry

1 Like

Yes. I agree it seems weak. But the principal “we’re ok printing unconditional victory cards” is unhealthy even if the particular example is not broken.

7 Likes

Agreed.
Direct ‘win the game’ text is uninteresting game design I will agree to that.

I prefer they blur it a bit the way they did with Odyn.
The effect is interesting but the win-condition isn’t, that’s how I see Wheel of Death but I appreciate quirky effects like ‘destroy your deck’ so I am fine with the card.

2 Likes