New Uther Potrait Scam Warning

For me the perspective is that I got everything mathematically I cared about from the packs and anything past that is redundant. I have a hard time getting particularly miffed over a phoned in effort on the voice lines (which I mute) for a superfluous portrait (which I hardly look at). Mostly because I paid money for the cards because those are the only things that matter when the game starts. :slight_smile:

Let’s just say I was far more discomfited by the fact that I got Willow as the Legendary as opposed to the quality of the voice lines for the portrait. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

That is your perspective. But for many people, it is the portrait that they wanted, which never rotates and never loses value and is guaranteed value.

The chocolate in an advent calendar is pretty low grade, but the art and the packaging that it comes in is actually the source of joy.

Many people have vocally communicated that if blizzard gave them cosmetics they would spend money on them, so this is not a novel position.

1 Like

Sure, but there are people that actually care about cosmetics. Handwaving their opinions on the matter as a lack of perspective seems to, ironically, display a lack of perspective.

To say that they only made this bundle to give out cards for cheap and the cosmetic was an afterthought seems wrong as well, given the longstanding outcry for more cosmetics and the fact that any previously bundled portraits were built at full quality.

2 Likes

Meh - if that’s what some people care about more than things that contribute to actual gameplay then whatever floats their boat I suppose. To do that is imparting a higher degree of of value to a superfluous part of the game though and I personally (please note that qualifier) find such behavior to be akin to complaining about the wrapping that a gift comes in. If someone gave me a new car and wrapped it in brown paper then the last thing on my mind would be to whinge about the paper.

1 Like

Cosmetic skins aren’t seen once then discarded like you keep attempting to say with your wrapper comparisons, they last just as long as the cards. In fact, even longer if you don’t play Wild much or at all.

What you’re saying is more akin to caring nothing for the paint/body of the car, nor the interior, because it still allows you to be driven. Might as well have just been the bare materials with a sufficient weatherproof coating and any paint/details/interior/features are just superfluous.

I think at this point that not just in Hearthstone, but across the gaming board, we’ve established that cosmetics matter a pretty fair amount to a non-negligable portion of many games’ playerbases.

1 Like

I find it just sad that Blizzard dropped to such a low quality crap. I’m really sad that I missed the deals earlier and only came back when they came with an edited voice Uther and Jaina…

Which is fair enough. Even more recently stuff like Dame Hazelbark and Kel’Thuzad had voice recordings of their own. Uther’s voice recordings were definitely phoned in rather lazily. But I don’t ascribe much value to such trappings, so to me it’s largely irrelevant. I play the game muted most of the time anyway so I probably wouldn’t even have noticed the whole thing if other people weren’t salty about it.

What you’re saying is more akin to caring nothing for the paint/body of the car, nor the interior, because it still allows you to be driven. Might as well have just been the bare materials with a sufficient weatherproof coating and any paint/details/interior/features are just superfluous.

No - if you want to harp on the nature of the comparison then it’s probably be more like complaining about the sound of the engine even though the engine runs just fine. The sound of the engine doesn’t effect performance or the value of the car … it’s just a cute little quirk that the driver can totally ignore without anyone else noticing.

I guess some people wouldn’t be able to get past it if the sound of their engine bugged them … even if nothing was wrong with it. I’m not one of those people. I’m able to ignore things that don’t matter to me.

1 Like

If you purchase a modification package for you car that has historically come with an engine sound modifying function as a part of said package, then suddenly that part (and others) is simply dropped, it’s pretty understandable if customers would be disappointed, even if you yourself care nothing for varying engine sounds.

No unique hero power animation, as other portraits have.

No unique character tray, as other portraits have.

No unique emotes, as other portraits have.

1 Like

Not how it works unless you’re missing commons and rares still. Game rolls rarities on pack, you get at least 1 rare and 4 commons, you roll 1 epic and 2 rares rest common, if you have all rares, you get duplicates and same goes for epics. You will not automatically get epics if you have all rares and commons. That’d be broken as hell.

Agree.

Twenty Characters

Update: I’m still gone.