New Shaman, Shaman-Warrior Cards

Rare · Minion · Festival of Legends · Gains an extra effect in your hand that changes each turn.

The remixed version summon 1 of 4 different totems

Stereo Totem
Jukebox Totem
Manatide Totem
Flametounge Totem

Essentially an upgraded Tuskarr Totemic. I dont think you care too much about what totem you get in totem shaman. Just the fact a body comes with it should be enough to be run in the deck. Really solid.

Common · Spell · Festival of Legends · Give a friendly minion +3/+3. Deal 1 damage to all other minions. Overload: (1)

Oh hey an Enrage Warrior card lol. Seems insane, 2 mana +3/+3 is already a lot. The extra whirlwind just adds more to it.

Rare · Minion · Festival of Legends · Taunt Battlecry: Transform a friendly minion into a copy of this.

I like this card. For shaman you can put it on a totem for 2 4/5s with taunt pretty easily for warrior it can be buffed in hand and then summon 2 larger taunts for 4 mana.

6 Likes

maybe with that card people will stop pretending enrage warrior doenst exist

1 Like

Good cards. Finally a good minion for warrior that benefits from BRnR and handbuffs and doesn’t cost 6 or more mana. It was needed. The fire spell is great.

But wait, is manatide totem back? I thought it was removed from core. Totem shaman really misses it.

1 Like

Yoooooooooo. These are cool. Way better than the first Warrior reveal, for sure.

Remixed Totemcarver:

Isn’t Jukebox totem the new Paladin/Shaman totem they revealed yesterday? All of these seems like great value. Will never be as disappointing as Tuskarr Totemic.

Jam Session:

For Shaman, Overload support? Gets discounted by Inzah, and is a control effect. Probably not for Totem Shaman since it hurts your own board.

Definitely more of an Enrage Warrior card. The fact that you can get two AoE pings for a single spell cast (one from the spell, one from Wild Pyro/Sunfury) is great value. And you buff a minion on board without needing it to be damaged first. But, what do you cut from Enrage for this? That list is already really tight. Certainly not Embers of Strength, and probably not Light of the Phoenix or Roaring Appluse since you’re desperate for draw.

This is 100% a great card for Enrage Warrior but you’ll have to lose something important to include it.

Backstage Bouncer:

For Shaman, a good body for Totem Shaman, just play it on a totem! Or any Shaman, really, you’ll always have token generation.

For Warrior, this fits into either Menagerie or BRnR. Buff it up with Chorus Riff, Party Animal, BRnR, Last Stand, and/or Lor’themar for a good tempo turn. Even if you can’t transform a friendly minion, it could still be a fat minion for its cost. BRnR Warrior certainly doesn’t have a wealth of small things on the board, though…so you’ll probably either transform a Bridge Riff minion or nothing at all. However, you could also use it to “heal” a fat taunt that was already on the board. It might be harder to meet the “condition” for this than for Fleshshaper!

The first card I would cut for this (in BRnR) would be FtD. The 30-card version of BRnR can’t afford to run this, unless it wants to cut FtD too. But then it’ll be by far the worst hit from your Last Stand since that deck has even less board presence than what I run…

Menagerie Warrior looks like the biggest winner for this miniset, between the three Warrior archetypes.

2 Likes

Jam season seems a bit busted. +3+3 for 2 AND 1 damage to everything else? Yikes. That’s scary.

Overload 1 as a drawback is hopefully harsh enough to justify it.

This might just be the card that puts enrage warrior over the top.

What do you think gets cut, though?

Some people over on reddit were talking about cutting Wild Pyromancer for this. Obviously this can ping your board like Pyro does, and it’s a fire spell for more Sunfury synergy. And one more activator for Thori’belore.

Is losing the “wombo combo” potential of Pyromancer worth it? (Rhetorical question)

I doubt they are pretending because of the power of the deck. I think simply they don’t find it satisfying. Maybe these cards will change things, but I’m a bit doubtful.

1 Like

Don’t be so sure. Healing totem is still a basic totem, and a totem shamans board rarely has any 1 health minions that would die instantly from this effect. Since you can heal off the damage, its mostly a “deal 1 to your opponent’s board” which is beneficial.

1 Like

Finally a early game token clear for shaman but I dont like the fact you need to have a minion on board to activate. Most slow shaman decks wont have a 1 drop so its essentially a turn 3 or 4 play which is still rather slow.

Be fun to see warrior players learn to deal with overload though.

Remixed Totemcarver seems bad.

+1 mana for a 3/2 thrown in isn’t worth it. Rather just run the 2 mana totems.

Flametongue totem is also kind of “dumb” with it. Only Mana Tide totem is truly worth it.

1/5 Star Power. Never worth running it.

I guess it’s a hot take, but I think Jam Session is going to be weak. Overload(1) matters a lot.

It’s not worth 3 mana in Warrior or Shaman.

Only Overload Shaman will ever think about running it and might leave it to be discovered only.

4/5 Star Power in Overload Shaman by the time it rotates.
2/5 Star Power in Warrior, card is bait. Rather equip weapon on 3 than have a 3/5 egg.

I like Backstage Bouncer. Seems like it would only be good in Menagerie Warrior though.

5/5 Star Power, as a standalone card.
Any deck that runs it is probably like a 2/5 Star Power Deck though.

but is that weapon you are talking about good for enrage warrior ? i doubt they want to add another one

1 Like

I’m really not focused on any curve or weapon when I say I think Jam Session is going to be bait.

My focused reason is it’s going to feel like your paying 3 Mana for Jam Session with the overload and I don’t want to pay 3 mana for +3/+3 + Whirlwind.

Totem Shaman is subpar when compared to other aggro decks. It lacks the versatility and direct face damage, and it’s, subjectively, pretty damn boring. I don’t see anything here to make it more attractive. It’ll continue to be the least played class in the game.

I feel like this is one of those posts that needs to get saved and reviewed in December 2024 when these cards are about to rotate out.

These takes are extremely spicy.

1 Like