New shaman nagas (elemental schools synergy)

Im pretty sure lady nazjar saw play specifically for discounting your spells, which this one doesnt have…

That said I still think it is decent enough to be played in the right deck.

Well, there needn’t be an exact replica, but we can expect a double Naz’jar type of an effect with the same cost and stats will probably see play at some point.

I would disagree with the word ‘better’. Lady Nazjar was much easier to manage as it ‘banked’ your last spell played for its effect. This card locks you in to whatever the past 2 spells you play regardless of whether you want the spell school effect or not. Also lady nazjar required playing a single spell from a school… This card requires to be in your hand and play 2 separate spell schools before activating the battlecry effect.

Its just way too much investment for too little payoff. The only thing that might have made it interesting was a shudderwock deal 18 damage combo but from how I read this card and shudderwock the ‘do no damage to enemy hero’ modifier would be in effect meaning the card would do 0 damage to the hero. So what are you really playing this as? Theres better/cheaper removal cards, better heal cards, better draw

If I were to have designed it I would have let it double up on spell schools… So you could play 2 shadow spells to destroy 4 minions… or deal 12 damage and so forth.

Also to add it isn’t clear whether spells drawn by hagatha count as spell schools cast. As hagatha is one of the main spell tutor cards if the slimes dont actually count as casted spells then its some baffling anti-synergy… and I think they wont as they dont trigger counterspell

these cards literally feel like they were supposed to be printed during Voyage to the sunken city

I’m really liking the 5 mana spell as a control tool.

2 taunts and 8 armor. That’s 16 mitigated damage for 5 mana. I really like it. The armor is really nice because you don’t get armor in shaman.

3 Likes

Not to mention it curves nicely with Hagatha

2 Likes

Yeah, hagatha turns a spell into a minion, exactly

1 Like

These are all playable from a DK spell heavy burn deck. Something like FFB or FFP and it’s got late game finish built into it. This might be the first package i have seen that the touring class could build a deck completely around.

1 Like

Razzle-Dazzler is Elemental Inspiration with more RNG in terms of stats. It could be better if you high roll or really bad if you low roll. It’s hard to fully grade this without seeing how the meta plays out, but I’m guessing this is worse than EI.

Carress, Cabaret Star seems like a strong card that doesn’t require the spell school package to be playable. Getting the fire spell portion with Shudderblock is a nice 18 damage burst.

Frosty Decor feels like a card that’s…okay. I can’t help but feel this is going to be too slow at 5 mana.

Siren Song is only good if Shaman/DK cares about random spells from other spell schools. This probably only sees play if Razzle-Dazzler overperforms my expectations.

1 Like

Shudderblock prevents battlecries from damaging the enemy hero

You can already get a sense of how it will perform by playing a shaman deck with ‘pack the house’ as razzle-dazzler will most likely end up similar stat wise to that card.

I don’t think razzle-dazzler is as bad as when I first saw it… I thought it was like coral keeper where if you played 0 spells you just get a 3/4 but at least they somewhat learned from their mistake and it summons a random 5 drop even if you haven’t played a spell. It shouldnt be too hard to cast 3 or 4 spells by turn 7 so it will provide 4 or 5 5-drops (plus the 4/4)… but at turn 7+ boards are just way too easily cleared (see what I’m talking about by playing pack the house on turn 7 and see how long the minions last).

1 Like

Yes but everything is just a worse version of the mage cards. Maybe except the naga that summons. Rest is kinda hot garbage xD

1 Like

But shudder tripple combos can’t target face so no. No 18 dmg fireballs

1 Like

My question with Shudderblock is why does it work with the Kalimos Battlecry that goes face? I thought Shudderblock prevents targeting face, but not Battlecries (like the Kalimos Invocation of Fire) that just naturally go face.

1 Like

But the fire spell Battlecry doesn’t “target” face. It goes face. There’s no targeting. I agree, Shudderblock prevents targeted damage to enemy face, but it should work with a BC that naturally goes face.

Not quite. Skarr doesn’t target face, yet Shudderblock prevents that damage.
Shudderblock prevents face damage that is directly dealt by the Battlecry. Kalimos’ battlecry doesn’t deal face damage, it casts a “spell”. That spell is what deals the damage, so Shudderblock doesn’t prevent it.

1 Like

From the wording on kalimos the battlecry is ‘cast an invocation’… which brings up the multiple choose options… so the battle cry is to get 3 invocations, which are cast by kalimos itself and not the battlecry which bypasses the wording on shudderwock.

From how I read the wording on the legendary the battlecry is casting the 6 damage spell itself which would be why it would be negated by the shudderblock wording

1 Like

Gotcha. For some real I felt it’d work similarly with this card. But maybe it’s for the best an 18 damage burst isn’t in Standard rn lol. Well…ANOTHER 18 damage burst card I suppose. I feel like there’s a few too many as is.

1 Like

I think nontargetable will just do zero dmg if they are face dmg.

1 Like