New Shaman Card, Sludge Slurper

Sludge Slurper
Shaman Card, Rare, Murloc
1 Mana 2/1
Battlecry: Add a Lackey to your hand.
Overload: (1)

1 Like

Neat. Overload is generally terrible, but it can be pretty powerful if youā€™re running Lickem.

1 Like

Pretty basic murloc, but Iā€™m not sure itā€™s better than Tidehunter.

How sad is that.

Do we know what any of the lackeys do yet?

All of them, at least for this expansion. Theyā€™re all 1 mana 1/1 with a battlecry:

Discover a spell
Evolve a minion
Summon random 2-drop
Deal 2 damage
Give a minion +1 attack and Rush

I guess it makes for a decent opener, this guy on 1 and lackey on 2 counting overload. If you get the random 2-drop or the damage thatā€™s a good start. The other three are awful for an aggro murloc deck.

4 Likes

Solid cardā€¦ would fit in any Shaman and Hagatha deck.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s a decent Overload card. Shamans have Likkim, which needs decent Overload cards to kickstart a face deck. I see possible synergy here.

1 Like

Decent card, but doesnā€™t really interest me much.

Lemme see some Elementals, dangit!!

Ok, just had an idea, and that it might be a component for an aggressive token shaman building off of Thunderhead. That could be good enough. Two bodies for two mana with an overload for the trigger could be exactly what that deck looks for.

2 Likes

I was like ā€˜ā€˜urgh, a 2 mana 2/1ā€™ā€™.

But then I thought, the overload isnā€™t that bad if you play it turn one, because you can always play the lackey right after on turn 2. a random 2 drop would be the best outcome in this scenario, as would be an evolve, but 2 damage and a spell can be pretty good too. so you have 40% for a great scenario, 40% for a fair scenario and 20% for a bad scenario.

3 Likes

Absolutely.

The card is good enough, on itā€™s own, to be played without any synergy and be a very respectable set up for tempo.

With ANY synergy at all youā€™ve broadly expanded the power level of a deck (and this particular deck is actually very good and just needed a little sauce more to make it spicy)

1 Like

very good card. Overload shaman got a lot of support now.

While weā€™re in crazy thinking mode: Mur-wock. Murlocs and Shudderwock. The Swamp Deck. One glaring problem I see is that Iā€™d want to run Hagatha but her battlecry on Shudderwock would roast the murlocs heā€™d create. I guess you could plan to Shudder first, then Hagatha, but thatā€™s pretty fragile.

Still thereā€™s lots of fun things Iā€™m envisioning:

• Shudderwock summoning a bunch of murlocs and buffing their health (though he probably would do the health buff first 80% of the time just to trigger me)
  • Echo murloc + Hagatha
  • Zentimo + Rockbiter/Windfury a bunch of cheap murlocs
  • The Storm Bringer + cheap murlocs

I know already itā€™d be a styrofoam tier deck, but the theme sounds hilarious.

1 Like

ā€¦somewhat a reasonable Overload card. For once.

The neutral option is 2 mana for a 1/1, gain Lackey. The Priest one is a 2 mana 2/2, but has the Lackey generation on its Deathrattle.

This guyā€¦ is a 1(1) cost. Has one less stat point than the Priest version, but trades it for the ability to have the Lackey on a Battlecry instead. The 1(1) cost makes the card useable on 1, which is relevant as Shaman lacks 1 drop plays to help early, and can curve into the Lackey itself, which could be okay depending which Lackey it is.

I donā€™t believe it. A card that benefits from its overload, rather than being crushed by it. What a breath of fresh air compared to Rain of Toads. Of course, this will depend almost entirely on how strong the lackeys themselves are, but if most have about the worth of a 2 mana minion, this suddenly becomes a fair card.

Great card. Will see play. Fuel for Aggro Shaman or it can fight for early tempo.

1 Like

Did it need Overload?

Firefly was a 1/2 generated a 1/2 for FREE, no condition, no overload, no deal 1 damage to your heroā€¦

This is a 1 mana 2/1 giving a 1/1, whatā€¦ because the Lackey has abilities? (guess so)

Iā€™m just so OVER loadā€¦:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Gotta think that if they print enough synergies to make Overload a net benefit when properly leveraged, this card becomes really solid.

2 Likes

Trogg no stupid!

Iā€™m not an aggro player so I wonā€™t comment on the potential for Shaman aggro with this card but for Midrange or Control this is ā€œlight on fireā€ without a ton of support.

./shrug second Shaman card I have seen and I am not thrilled about wither at the moment.

Oh, I get it, especially the Likkum weapon. And ultimately I like classes to have a flavor but this one is so borderline IMHO. I guess the power of the Lackey justifies the penalty. Iā€™ll be OK, Iā€™m reaching for a Snickersā€¦

I mean honestly, Iā€™m lowkey disappointed by the card myself as well. Thematically Iā€™m no fan of Murlocs and would MUCH rather see an Elemental with Overload synergy, but this card definitely seems to have a place.

That place just likely isnā€™t in any deck I plan to play.

1 Like