New Rogue Legendary Card - Heistbaron Togwaggle

After seeing this my best guess is that the other classes will receive similar support cards for lackeys. Otherwise i doubt that lackey cards are that strong to see serius play on their own

hijinks intensify

Oh man, this is going to get silly.

I like it. Already I like the flavor for the lackeyā€™s by default but they also seem quite awesome for one drops. I have to say I am pretty happy with this legend. Seems quite strong canā€™t wait to use.

2 Likes

Enormously strong card i think everyone can agree on that.
Double legendary for example deathwing can close out the game in 1 turn versus some classes.

Tolinā€™s Goblet could be fun in pogo rogue if you have an empty deck fill your deck with a few pogos and you are set for the next couple of turns with a stronger version of jades. (depending on your handspace.)
Could also be combined with chef nomi, shuffle 2 copies into your deck play Tolinā€™s Goblet and you maybe have 6 board fills. (if you can survive fatigue for a few turns)

2 Likes

Could be? No doubt will be. All of Marins Treasures are powerful and getting your choice depending on match-up would be a great boon.

Pretty surprised to see him offer every possible treasure instead of a random 3. Cards that give 4 options tend to be pretty rare, wasnā€™t Kalimos the last 1? I think so.

Anyway, card is pretty good because the treasures are very busted themselves. Yeah he needs a lackey to trigger so hopefully this first set makes it hard on the rogue. Hope to see strong disruption to prevent his battlecry atleast.

Rogue has the most interesting cards so far imo. Between the Lackeys, Chef Nomi maybe being good in miracle and all of the thief cards/ refilling your deck after Myras. Paired with the ability to basically go infinite into the late gameā€¦ This is going to be a fun year for Rogue.

2 Likes

I think its pretty strong since you get to choose the treasure. Thatā€™s never been an option before surely thereā€™s some way to get some insane value from that.

Not if they run The Spirit of the Shark and EVIL Miscreant. They can basically fill their hand with lackeys. Get another spirit out before you play Togwaggle and double up the battlecry.

I didnā€™t fully appreciate how nuts this is that you get to pick the treasure till todayā€™s episode of Omnistone. So turn 7 you play your lackey, Togwaggle, pick Zarogā€™s Crown and then Prep it out. Youā€™ve now got a 1/1, a 5/5 and 2 discovered legendaries on turn 7 (imagine 2 Deathwings). Thatā€™s a helluva turn. Granted it is a 3 card combo that relies on a legendary so it wonā€™t necessarily be that consistent, but that sequence will win a lot of games on the spot.

Will it be any good? I donā€™t know. Will it be a lot of fun? most likely!

2 Likes

Teo is correct.
At least for me, one thing to keep in mind with reveals.
Remember, all these 5+ cost cardsā€¦all of themā€¦have to be evaluated on ā€œdo they help me stay alive, or are they an aggro-boosting card?ā€

Basically any card that is >5 that does-not-affect the board has to be slotted into a control oriented deck that has the ability to sustain with heal or armor or a lot of taunts right? Or, has to be slotted into a deck that plans on T1-ing the board and never losing itā€¦example Baku Uther and Shroom Pow.

Idkā€¦iā€™m starting to think this is the best-5+ minion in the game that wonā€™t be able to see-play. Discover a Wand 100 percent still isnā€™t good enough to slam on 6.

You are Rogue, facing Aggro Rex.
Do you want to see Shiny and Lifesteal or NewTogg?
Do you want to see Firefly and Hench or NewTogg?
Do you want to see Shadowstep Light or NewTogg? Neither, but Shadow Light gives you the green-checkmark vs almost all non-aggro decks, so you are happy-er seeing your Shadow Light since it would handle non-aggro better than NewTogg in a different mach.
Right?

1 Like

Rogue seems REALLY good so far in this expansion! I really like this card! :smiley:
With Lackeys and this card I think Tempo Rogue is going to become stronger!

When they last changed the ā€œCopy a card not in playā€-rules (ie. from hand or deck), they changed it so that copies would include any buffs including cost reductions.

Iā€™ll go test it against the AI with Marin in an Academy deck.

Edit: Back from testing and it does not copy the discount on the copies in the deck.

2 Likes

The new set isnā€™t designed with Wild in mind so itā€™s not meant to compete with Firefly, Coldlight Oracle, or Cavern Shinyfinder.

1 Like

Itā€™s designed with Wild in mind but only as an attempt to avoid things that actually break the game.

That said, new sets are definitely not meant to be as powerful as non-Standard sets.

I havenā€™t played a lot of rogue but congratulations to all the rogue players out there! Itā€™s nice to see everyone so happy and excited! <3

1 Like