New Rogue Card - Hench-Clan Burglar

4 mana 4/3 common pirate

Battlecry: Discover a spell from another class

notice, this is different wording. The guy explained all burgle cards going forward will be designed from any class not just your opponent’s, so they can make the mirror match more exciting. No existing cards will be changed.

10 Likes

I was glad to hear this and I think it will help the archetype a decent amount.

2 Likes

Yeah, I am liking that wording change. It will make my rogue mirror matches easier, especially with the Lich King rotating out.

1 Like

Same wording as Stolen Steel, so this seems to be the new burgle.

1 Like

Going right into my Tess deck. Now Tess can do something against a Rogue opponent.

5 Likes

it will make the mirror matchups at least fun. Makes the RNG factor way larger as its harder to play around all the classes.

IDK about it in Tess Rogue. We already have Academic Espionage, do you really need this? Even in a mirror match, you probably just rely on the fact that you have a ton of 1 mana cards and less on a big Tess swing turn. I guess you could include it since Tesspionage is losing some cards like DK Valeera, but it’s not really doing all that much.

It is a pirate though so maybe there’s some consideration for a spot in a Hooktusk pirate deck. Either you play it and use the spells to survive to play Hooktusk or if it gets pulled by Hooktusk, it’s got enough teeth at 4 attack to be able to take something out.

Except AE will still only do opponent’s class so, in Mirror matches it will great for 1 mana cards, but this will at least give you something for your cutlass and Tess. You can also use Raiding Party to call it and your cutlass, since Shinyfinder is rotating out.

2 Likes

That’s fair. The fact that Raiding Party can also grab Capt. Greenskin also makes it a pretty attractive addition.

It’s kinda gross how little that deck is losing. The list I have only loses Hallucination, Cavern Shinyfinder, Elven Minstrel, and Valeera the Hollow.

1 Like

Yeah, mine is losing a bit more. The ones you mentioned as well as Vilespine, Stonehill defender and the Lich King. I have some ideas for replacements, but want to see the rest of the cards.

Actually for tempo oriented burgle this is really good.

And even now it isn’t that bad. You would be surprised how a tess who summon 1 or 2 minions and give a weapon can be good.

really nice change to the stealing aspect of rogue. I play a “kingsbane” burgle rogue, where kingsbane is spectral cutlass. It’s a pure fun deck but in a mirror match it completely sucks, because I can’t get additional durability. With this new steal mechanic I’m going to have a lot of fun.

It makes up for it by having a 30-40% winrate

1 Like

Actually, my Tesspionage deck is currently running over 50% Win rate. It helps that I hit a lot of control decks that don’t run weapon tech. Aggro kills it most of the time though.