New Player Year of the Phoenix March 2020

Hi guys, I need some advice.
So I started playing HS on March 1st but I haven’t reached rank 25 yet. My question is: Should I rush to rank 25 before March 26? Taking into factors the following:

1. Free deck for ‘new players’ who graduate from the ‘New Player ranks’. Would I still be considered as a new player if I’m under rank 25 by March 26? i.e. what is the criteria to be considered as a new player?

2. Currently, you can earn 3 classic packs every 5 ranks and at rank 25 you get 2 classic packs and 2 packs each of the last 4 expansions (not sure what we will get with the new rank system)

3. Priest cards HOF - “Players who do not have access to the Wild format will have the two Basic cards removed from their collection” Does this mean they are permanently removed? Or only removed until I unlock Wild? I need to be rank 25 before I can open my KotFT packs from adventure prologue and unlock Wild.

1. I don’t think you should rush anything.

The blizzard post says:

“Starting March 26th, players new to the game who graduate from the New Player ranks will get a free deck from a class of their choice, built with cards from the Year of the Dragon!”

So, for sure wait to get to rank 25 until things start happening on march 26th.

1. Don’t open any of your packs or spend any gold until the new expansion hits. Right now you can open duplicates of commons, rares, and epics and that will be changing when the new expansion comes.

2. They will be removed until you unlock wild. Don’t worry about this, you will not be missing out on much dust at all. I wouldn’t worry about unlocking wild, you don’t even have cards for standard so take one step at a time

My other miscellaneous advice: If you DO have extra dust lying around somehow, craft golden copies of cards that are being hall of famed like leeroy jenkins, spellbreaker, acolyte of pain, prophet velen, mountain giant, and mind control tech. ONLY BEFORE MARCH 26TH. After that DO NOT CRAFT THEM. Also I don’t know if you’re free to play or not, but the welcome bundle is a pretty good value at only $5. I would not suggest spending a bunch of money on the game right now to try and catch up quickly, it’s going to take time to build a collection regardless of how much money you spend. If you have $80 burning a hole in your pocket and really like hearthstone, then sure buy the preorder since it gives you a lot of value relative to the normal price of packs.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for your advice!

“Players who do not have access to the Wild format will have the two Basic cards removed from their collection and will be granted a full dust refund for both.”

Generally, Basic cards cannot be crafted nor dusted. However, when Basic cards are moved to the HOF, they are changed from no gem (Basic set) cards to white gem (Hall of Fame set) common cards.

I believe that removed means forever until you craft them. Other Basic cards in the past that have been added to the Hall of Fame include Vanish (Rogue spell) and Mind Blast (Priest spell).