New Player Ranks Need Separate Match Pools

I started playing on a different region on my account curious to see it from the eyes of a new player. Can I just say that at Rank 40, the game should not be matching you with players at Rank 3. I know this because an opponent friended me (one that whooped my proverbial) and it displayed their rank.

I believe it should be still 40 -31, 30 -21 etc.

I was surprised at the type of decks I was running into and there is no way a new player would enjoy the experience of getting smashed by an oppressive deck.

It boggles the mind that every player within those 40 ranks can vs each other.

Lastly, Demon Hunter is another problem. I have no idea how you would ever segregate those using those decks but no basic/classic deck can ever beat one. Yes ok, you can’t lose stars but conceding every time you see one (as an option) defeats playing the game in the first place.

1 Like

No offense, but you are part of the problem, not the solution.

How do you expect a new player to compete with you? And the other thousand smurfs who also opened new F2P accounts and rampage through with T1 decks.

But if it was the case that the NPE wasn’t infested with smurfs who complain that the NPE is full of smurfs, there wouldn’t be enough players to perfectly match all the new players.

1 Like

What do you mean? I’m basically running the same decks the new players are.

You have 2 years of experience in deck building and game play.

They’re running bad cards because they don’t know better, don’t understand value trades, when to go face, etc.

It’s not very different from the Legend card backs running Tempo DH in casual. But worse because they think you are also a new player who is learning the ropes.

The gap isn’t that big. I can only add in what I think is good from the Classic set for the most part… and so do they. I don’t have a win rate of 100% and that’s not DH match ups.

The point has nothing to do with me. The point is that if the rank pools were split 40 -31, 30 -21, 20 - 11, 10 - 1, the netdeck type decks will not be matched with players starting out or in the bracket after because it’s impossible to have that much dust to craft when you fist begin.

The only way to have all the cards is if the player bought a ton of packs before beginning. The matchups would be more even because as you work your way down the ladder, the more cards you get presumably (I don’t know I’m still only Rank 39).

Lastly, I wouldn’t count on my skill as an excuse because I’m at best a Silver player. I don’t often make the best plays myself. Again, that’s neither here nor there because how I play isn’t the issue.

But that’s not really an issue when new players have a Galakrond Rogue, Pirate Warrior, or Quest Hunter at their disposal.

They’re not starting with a basic zoo deck and whatever random DK they pull from the KFT prologue like me.

Being forced to use certain decks just to be competitive is bad game design. Having Galakrond in a deck doesn’t guarantee certain victory either.

Maybe that’s why you are silver, if you couldn’t help yourself and picked Paladin.

I don’t think it matters what rank I personally am on my main region. I’m trying all classes.

I don’t care.

I am not recommending anything other than the top 4 decks:
Rogue
Mage
Warrior
Hunter

Assuming they picked a good deck in the first place, the only thing that matters is skill.

I’ve actually been trying ALL classes in the new player experience, even the 4 you suggested and it doesn’t matter because the people further down the ranks will still beat you. Bringing it back to my original point, the ranks would better segregated then people could play each other on some sort of even keel.

Also, I’m trying it from a new player’s perspective, not knowing anything about the current meta. I assume most wouldn’t know what decks are better than others… to begin with (until matched against).

You only get to choose a free deck once in the NPE, so it’s a very important decision.

I don’t understand your meaning, did you do 9 NPEs to try all of them?

Can’t get the new deck until you graduate from the NPE.

" …players new to the game who graduate from the New Player ranks will get a free deck from a class of their choice, built with cards from the Year of the Dragon!"

1 Like

You just educated me. :confounded:

I didn’t think DH was a problem because of the free deck. But if you can’t get the 9 classes free deck at those ranks you shouldn’t be able to get the free DH deck either.

Hey look, I’m sorry if that was the piece of the puzzle you missed and I wrongly assumed you knew. I’ll take back some of my abruptness to you. Seriously, if they gave the deck out at the beginning, I probably wouldn’t have an issue.

Here’s a new free deck guys… but play through 40 ranks first!

That would solve a LOT of the problems and just leave the ‘netdeck’ type of deck players that are bottom of the NP ranks to deal with.

1 Like