New player have some good questions

Hello all I have a few new player questions.

1. If i do ranked mode i get a card back and a chest right ? Does the card back come instantly and the chest opens at the end of the month ? Thanks.

2. Do they give a free deck when i level out of the 40 rank new player mode? I find it easy to do quest and develop my account so I don’t want to skip it.

3. I am a bit stingy with money and gold. What are some good things to buy with gold and cash ? I bought the uther bundle for the skin and paladin cards but mostly for the skin. I am trying to wait for discounts or events to buy packs. What should I do with my gold ? I have 1400 gold. I haven’t spent it. Any recommendations?

4. Should I main 1 or 2 classes or try for a complete collection ? Some classes seem better than others. I think warrior is boring but priest rogue hunter and mage seem more fun. I think warrior and paladin are slow.

Well thanks for answering my questions guys. I appreciate the advice and plan to invest more time into this game. Thanks.

For #43 bundles are your best bet but being able to get those with gold is pretty rare. If you get really good at arena or duels you can “go infinite” and earn more packs and dust then you spend. It ain’t easy, though.

I recommend maining one or two classes at first. Even so, never dust anything until you know for absolutely sure that you need a card for a deck. You never know when something random might be nerfed. You’re also less likely to nerf something that later becomes powerful or craft something that looks amazing and ends up being a meme.

1 Like

It’s safe to spend gold on packs from the current expansion. Especially good to get at least 10 packs from the current set because you are guaranteed a legendary in the first 10 packs of any set you open. Past that you are only guaranteed a legendary I believe roughly every 30-40 packs

You can also buy packs from previous sets that are in the current expansion, at least up to 10 (for the guaranteed legendary). I would avoid spending resources such as gold or money on sets that are about to rotate out in March/April. So look up what those are and don’t waste your resources

You do get a free deck as a new or returning player. I do not know about getting to a certain level to get it, that you might have to look up. But what you definitely should do is look up which of the free decks is considered the best deal or most competitive. Last time I checked it was the hunter or druid ones. You only get the 1 free deck so be careful of your choice

It will be easier to focus on a particular class or few classes in order to consolidate your resources. But different decks of different classes play very differently. I would recommend looking up ALL the different possible budget decks for ALL classes, then look at what cards you have, pick the budget deck that you have the most cards for, and craft the ones you are missing (or try to replace them with other stuff)

1 Like

Complete apprentice mode for the free pack dont skip it.

2 Likes

You shouldn’t commit to classes for as long as you can put it off. You may change your mind.

You should craft in the following priority:

1. Neutral
  2. Dual/Tri class
  3. Class specific

For Gold, spend it all like this:

1. Don’t spend anything in the Wild or older 3 Standard expansions (they’re going Wild in March) (or craft those cards).
  2. Buy packs from all 3 newest expansions until you have 2 copies of all Common cards. After that keep opening packs one at a time until you open a Legendary card (should be around 30-40 packs).
  3. After completing 2., then start rationing your Gold to save for the next expansion.
  4. You should be able to collect all Common and Rare cards from the March and August expansions.
  5. By the November expansion you should be able to shift to hoarding all gold for future expansions.