New Neutral Minion: Onyx Magescribe

Common · Minion · Scholomance Academy · Spellburst: Add 2 random spells from your class to your hand.

5 Likes

More Card Generation BS. Looks like the same old crap we have come to hate about this Year of the Garbage that killed Hearthstone.

9 Likes

Sure, but you also need to cast a spell, and it’s otherwise a 6 mana 4/9 vanilla that could generate complete garbage.

1 Like

Anyone think this is good enough to make dragon mage a thing?

2 Likes

13 stats for a 6 mana minion is premium, but the 4/9 body is a little less impressive. The dragon tag is definitely important as this card looks almost custom-made for Highlander Dragon Mage. The fact that the Spellburst gives you 2 random spells from your class also seems to factor right into Highlander Dragon Mage. Decent stats, dragon, creates random spells…a solid piece for Highlander archetypes. It’ll likely find a home somewhere with Highlander decks and dragons still fairly prominent in the meta. 3/5 stars.

3 Likes

Oh, yeah, Mage would like this. I look at things from a Warrior perspective, and was just like, “Oh yeah, spending 6+ Mana to get weapon support spells when I have no more weapons left/never had any in the first place is great.”

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t see any Warrior deck wanting to run this card. Warrior spells are too random in effect to guarantee you’d get value from the Spellburst.

dont know but it could be great for priest the class already has some nice dragons all we need now is more dragon synergy cards

4 Likes

Yeah, only ones so far you’d definitely want are your big aoe removals, like Brawl, plague, and bladestorm, and not much else probably.

1 Like

I’d love to be able to run a straight dragon spell deck without the RNG fiesta.

Maybe we will see Dragon Rogue finally :smiley:

1 Like

Can this compete with emerald explorer or evasive wyrm? Cobalt dragon is better IMO.

I see this as likely being better for Priest than Mage, but I’m not entirely sure it’ll go into either.

6 mana for low tempo, Mage runs too high of a risk of getting overrun, even if they play this on curve.

5 Likes

Exactly. A 6 drop that does nothing to the current board is sub par. Unless it gets good support, of course. A zero mana spell could make it nice.

Dragon Paladin getting some value…

Priest is going to be so obnoxious with this and renew…

it only triggers once

1 Like

Mage has the freezes to stall the game and the discounts for at least 2 procs the turn this is droped, Priest already has a good engine with veilweaber and can also discount the hand with gala/dragon sinergy, generating one or two soul mirrors EZ.
Perhaps I’m missunderstanding how the spellburst operates I thought it was every spell like gadgetzan auctioneer but it seems it’s just one spell per turn.

Spellburst can only proc once though, so don’t think too highly of this.

2 Likes

Dragon priest gonna get a lil love and dragon/control mage gonna have to change its underwear over this. Mainly cause it’s a random value… not a set mana like cobalt at 1s

1 Like