New Neutral Legendary - Elite Tauren Champion

Does control priest aims to use all the mana every turn? This seems like a tempo card, or to slot in a slower tempo deck.

Control Priest has the tools to spend all their mana and still have a full hand. I dont know any other class that can do that consistently.

I love the card but in reality most decks will just take the 8 damage to prevent shenanigans.

Oddly enough might find home in an aggro deck?

This actualy looks insainly fun good job!.

2 Likes

Looks fun but remember that you need to remove a good card to put this in your deck, so I doubt it will see any competitive play.

Imo, it will find home in Aggro/Tempo decks. The effect will give the advantage to the person who has the control over the board at the moment this is played. In that situation, the opponent will be in a lose-lose situation: either a) take the damage and clear the board or b) spend all your mana and tank the player’s board. But the problem with b) is that… the player has no problem repeating it. If they already deal damage to the enemy per turn and opponent does nothing, the player will eventually win. And when opponent decides to finally do something, they take 10+ damage for it.

Given the circumstances, is a 5 Mana 5/5 minion with deal 8+ to enemy hero worth to include? Maybe. It deals higher than average damage, granted that it is a bit of a win more card. But by that point, Aggro should either be in a winning spot or lose anyway, this card would just seal the deal.

Do we have clarity that the card requires you to spend all the mana through cards that you have or that the card’s mana cost just becomes all of your mana? We are making too many assumptions here maybe. Either way both cases would slot into different decks, I think this is at least a 4/5 card if it works how I think it will work.