New Mage/Hunter Cards

7 Likes

Costumed Singer is an insane 1 drop, essentially a better, targeted Peasant.

Star Power is a bigger Shellshot, doesnt seem too good to me. Though, spell damage is more prevalent in Mage, its also another Arcane spell for the Arcane Hunter package.

Dispense o bot could fit in a mech mage deck just for some value, but I dont see too many other uses for it.

Costumed Singer could have the murloc tag but i guess i gonna have to live with it as is.

do mages or hunters run murlocs?

That 1 drop is fantastic for secret mage.

1 Like

Yeah. I am already plotting on making players cry in Wild with that thing.

3 Likes

No.

But given the agressive decks i would not care to atleast try if given the chance.

I have always thought murlocs were a shaman warlock pally thing

Ya know.

I kinda try to play what works rather than care for the historic.

It would be weird if it had the tag. It’s a person in a costume not a murloc.

4 Likes

Costumed Singer is going to be in some meta decks for both Mage and Hunter, wow. I’m always scared of Secret Mage getting support. And Hunter can use it to get things like Wandering Monster or their new secret on-curve. Much tempo, very good.

Star Power looks amazing for Arcane Hunter, and that’s one of the best new board clears besides. Even if you don’t boost it, it’s 15 damage total for 5 mana, which could clear most turn 5 boards. Also, it thankfully doesn’t ever hit face.

At first I was unimpressed with Remixed Dispense-o-bot, but then I read the effects it could get. Doesn’t this go into basically any Mage deck for the next two years? It’s low-tempo, but the value is off the charts.

If the opponent has no answer for that 1 drop on 1 that is a bonkers card.

3 Likes

Anyway here we go.

1. Costumed Singer is what we call as overpowered.

Would like to see it nerf to a battlecry but i also don’t see it getting attention enough to get that nerf.

1. Star Power is bad in this meta and there isn’t much to be done about it.

It’s a worse rolling fireball. The situation were this has actual use is just so niche that this will never go into an actual deck.

1. The remixed dispense o bot is a sleeper.

2 of the effects are just really powerful giving you basically 50% chance to play a card who can win the game on it’s own.

1 Like

I don’t know how OP it is. I will have to see it in action.

It will usually draw 1 secret and draw 2 if your opponent not goes out of their way to kill it.
Usually wasting a coin.

Getting this in your hand means you can confortably go for a highroll Mulligan without any real risk.

I see secret mage returning to the standard meta alone on that card and even nerfing it to battlecry would just stop the overkill rather than stop seeing play.

Huh? In what world is Star Power bad against Pure Paladin, Enrage Warrior, Undead Priest, Unholy/Frost DK, and Naga Hunter? It’s a reverse Defile that can clear through Divine Shields and Reborn. The worst part about it is that slow Hunter hasn’t been built yet. Mages will just discover a discounted version with Infinitize the Maxitude.

If you think about it, that’s a 1 drop that draws 2 secrets for the most part. Most matchups won’t be able to kill it immediately and will need to wait for the next turn.

1 Like

I still don’t see the cause for alarm. You have to play the secret at full price, unless you have reduction in hand, and I think every player will kill this on the turn after it is played.
Seems better for hunter to me.
It is value, I’m sure, but there is no mana cheat.
So, I’ll wait and see.

I think it’s more like relic of extinction.

Defile hits the whole board each tick, even your own side.

Star Power (and relic) hits one random enemy minion each tick.

Star Power doesn’t scale as hard or infinitely like relic, but it starts hitting for more and against more targets without using DH location.

Star Power will probably be a good discover choice out of spooky mages or mages with rommath.

Hunters have decks that are spell heavy and/or arcane heavy, but those tend to like smaller spells and being more aggressive (e.g spam bananas and monkeys for pressure, not just remove board and stall). It’ll likely be a new type of deck that may want to run star power.

1 Like

So it is value and a tempo loss for the opponent?
Idk. You still have to wait until turn two at the soonest to drop whatever secret you get.
Doesn’t that sort of limit it’s power in mage?

1 Like