New-ish and VERY confused

I played a bit 3 or so years ago and got each class to level 10+ and earned 700 gold. Also, over all that downtime, I had accumulated 140 packs I had not opened, 80(?) classic and 10+ of each expansion (including this newest 20/$20 deal).

I have no desire to be top ranked or super competitive, just complete dailies and solo adventures.

With all of the expansions that have come out since I last played, I have no real clue as to what cards I am able to play. Some expansions are omitted now?

I read somewhere that I should save up dust to craft a Whizbang card. On the crafting screen, it says I can auto-dust duplicates for 1750 dust. Is it safe to do it automatically and if I do it, is Whizbang the best use?

Finally…I looked up some of the current decks online and it looks like I have very few of the cards to build them. Any good online resources you can recommend for a good, solid, daily legal deck?

Any help would sure be appreciated. Thanks - Fawg

I think the 1st step is to open up all your packs. From that, you will have a good overall picture of how to build your deck.

I would not recommend dusting or crafting at present, until you have a good idea of what you will be (and comfortable with) playing.

Other advises can follow thereafter.

1 Like

1: Open up your packs

2: Take a gander at how the latest meta is shaping up

h.ttps://www.vicioussyndicate.com/
h.ttps://hsreplay.net/ (can log-in here to see where your collection matches up)
h.ttps://outof.cards/
h.ttps://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/

(and many more)

3: Find some streamers to see decks in action before making any decision to craft or dust (youtube)

Old Guardian
Hearthstone Mathematics
Dekkster
Jeleniowatyy
kiwiinbacon
Tommy Wave
Trump
Disguised Toast
Misplay
Chump

(and many more, there’s just so many great streamers for this game)

4: Add friends for advice, help, card borrowing (can add me if ya like, Viktoras#11500 (NA))

h.ttps://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/hearthstone/t/add-a-friend-thread/107

5: Most importantly, have fun!

1 Like

Thank you for the info guys, much appreciated

You’re welcome to add me if you’re on the NA server feel like you need some quick advice, I’m online a decent amount. BuckyBallin#1703

If you just want a deck that’s fairly cheap and really good right now, mech hunter would be my pick. If you wanna play another class, there are also cheap/decent druid and warlock zoo decks.

2x (1) Tracking

2x (1) Mecharoo

2x (2) Venomizer

2x (2) Upgradeable Framebot

2x (2) Galvanizer

2x (2) Fireworks Tech

2x (2) Bomb Toss

2x (3) Ursatron

1x (3) Unleash the Hounds

2x (3) Spider Bomb

1x (3) SN1P-SN4P

2x (4) Replicating Menace

2x (4) Explodinator

1x (5) Zilliax

2x (5) Wargear

1x (5) Leeroy Jenkins

2x (6) Missile Launcher

AAECAR8ErwTbCaCAA5+3Aw2XCOD1AuL1Au/1Arn4ApH7Apj7Aqj7Avb9Atf+AomAA8yBA7acAwA=

It’s stupid easy to play, leeroy and zilliax are 2 must have legendaries anyways and all the other cards are commons and rares. I’d have to look at my stats but I climbed from rank 5 to 1 a few days ago with it with ~65% winrate. As far as streamers, I’d watch most of the ones viktoras listed for entertainment more than actual deck/play advice. Many of those streamers like playing meme/off-meta stuff that’s fun but doesn’t really teach you fundamentals.

1 Like

Also if you are still interested, the oldest year of cards “rotates” out of standard, you can still play them, just not in the standard format :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for taking the time to type that all out. Very helpful.

Is Whizbang worth a craft? At this time, I would say no. Whizbang rotates out of Standard in about 9 months (April 2020). Meanwhile, a similar card called Zayle, Shadow Cloak, is available as a reward for owning all 5 wings of the Dalaran Heist adventure (see news section article, “Hearthstone Update - May 14 - The Dalaran Heist”). Because Zayle is considered part of the Rise of Shadows set, it will be Standard legal for 22 months.

All cards can be used in Wild Format. In Standard format, the cards that can be used are the following sets: Basic, Classic, all expansions from prior year, the expansions from the current year. Generally, new expansions are released in April, August, and December. Each April, when the first expansion of the current year is released, the cards from 2 years prior are rotated out.

Current Standard (April 2019 - April 2020): Basic, Classic, Witchwood, Boomsday, Rastakhan’s Rumble, Rise of Shadows, 2019 expansion 2, 2019 expansion 3

Next Year’s Standard (April 2020 - April 2021): Basic, Classic, Rise of Shadows, 2019 expansion 2, 2019 expansion 3, 2020 expansion 1, 2020 expansion 2, 2020 expansion 3

2021s Standard (April 2021 - April 2022): Basic, Classic, all 2020 sets, the 2021 sets

Auto dusting duplicates is fine and safe. There will be no use to cards beyond the first pair of each kind. It treats golden cards as a different type so those won’t be auto dusted if you have 2 or less.