New HS player lf advice

Yo yo just posting bc I am downloading HS for the first bc I have gotten bored of WoW and OW and would like to try something completely different. My question is to you experienced HS players what beginner tips would you give to someone who is completely brand new to the series

Delete it now and don’t look back. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Damn is it really that bad :frowning:

Not that bad if you make your expectations realistic.

Start by having fun and learning how the game works, don’t try to be competitive immediately. Try all the game modes and see what you like. Watch some twitch streams to learn from more advanced players. Don’t spend all your dust making single cards that are good, once you find a style (aggro, control, midrange) you like to play, make a whole deck that’s good. Finally, don’t spend a bunch of money on the game early, it won’t help immediately. If you want to buy the welcome bundle go for it. Keep in mind that the first 10 packs of any expansion you open will contain at least 1 legendary (yellow gem) card.

3 Likes

No. It can be really fun, it’s generally somewhat balanced, and new expansions are released three times a year. A lot of the people on the forums seem to hate the game for some reason, yet they keep on playing it. My personal advice for new players would be to not dust anything for quite a while, as a legendary or epic that seems bad now might receive support from new cards or buffs. Even if you don’t need a card and don’t like the way it’s played, there’s a chance it will get nerfed. When a card gets nerfed, you get full dust value back from it, so instead of only getting 400 dust from a legendary, you will get 1600.

1 Like

So don’t just go forward one more deluded

Choose a class of preference, magician or priest and more independent of what happens there will be an hour that you will want to buy, so buy, the game is good, great, there are people who can’t get up in life due to lack of choice.

Stay off the forums. Lol

Try to avoid crafting basic cards, as they are the most likely to be found in card packs.

Craft cards only when you have a planned deck.

Golden cards give 100% of the essence needed to craft a non golden version of itself. So, a golden legendary will give 1600 essence, and it requires 1600 to craft a legendary. This is the best option for DEing.

Don’t DE a card unless you have an exact plan on what to do with the essence. If you have more than 2, (or more than 1 of a legendary), you can just DE it without regret.

Aggro decks tend to cost less than most others. I recommend looking for a Simple aggro deck to help sling shot you in to the game. These are very fast decks that can save you time when grinding dailies and help you get through some of the tough early game stuff.

This is getting near the end of an expansion. I recommend just building up gold and essence/dust until the next expansion is released.

I started playing a little less than 2 weeks ago and almost quit but I’m glad I didn’t, I hit rank 19 last night and I’m really enjoying the game. I bought the welcome pack, there’s a lot of value there for the money you spend. I had just enough dust to craft a very basic Mid range hunter deck, kept loosing and was super frustrated. I then watched players play a similar deck and started understanding what I was doing wrong and went from Rank 24 to 19 pretty fast with a 56% win ratio. I know that’s not crazy but still I’m pretty new and it felt good to win.

A couple tips that I’ve been following:

• Do your quests everyday (re-roll a quest if it only gives 50 gold)
  • Do your weekly tavern brawl
  • Don’t play arena right away
  • Don’t stress or get discouraged if you loose
  • Play the same deck and remember your mistakes, that’s how you’ll get better