New Fire Warrior Cards

But how many of those cards the exact same except one has +Draw.
Or the same except one gets +4+2 to a minion. Yeah there are a lot of better cards but not many that are near carbon copies but with an extra +

Its not the exact same thought, the paladin weapon heals when it attacks, this doesnt do that.

Also Lightforged Zealot already has this spell beat for 4/2 stats with a 4/2 weapon

2 Likes

This happens WAY too often, right? They give us an archetype to play with and then do nothing more to support it until it’s about to go away (from Standard).

For that matter, why do they keep trying to push Discardlock? The 3 mana draw 3, choose one to discard seems good, but other than that, I still can’t find myself playing the deck.

1 Like

Lightforged is a Pure card. Wouldn’t be run in standard because lmao imagine not running Theo or Sire D.

Lightforge Zealot had the pure Paladin restriction. Sunfire Smithing has no restriction.

Because it’s a core Warlock mechanic that has worked off and on over the years. The new stuff looks pretty good to be honest.

Also they were probably playing a lot of Marvel Snap, which has a good beat on how discard mechanics should work.

Paladin is a board-based tempo-y class. The classes still have some limitations.

None of them, but it’s still not really power creep.

Also like every 4/2 for 4 weapon has a better effect than Truesilver. Core set cards just aren’t meant to be all that powerful unless it’s Nourish. Or Blizzard.

Warrior is a whole new level dumpster fire now.

1 Like

by getting some of the best cards revealed so far?

0 mana draw 2, 2 mana get minimum +/3+3, usually at least +4/+4 (on a charger if you want).

yeah, really bad /s

1 Like

I don’t get it either. Fire is a fairly common warrior theme. Just look at firey war axe, or the fires of Zin Azshari.

1 Like

Those are NOT the best cards revealed. Please stop. The rogue Legendary is better than all the warrior revealed cards combined.

3 Likes

I realize, im just saying this is not the first card that is almost strictly better than Truesilver, and that it was already powercrept 3 years ago. So expecting new cards to be worse than old cards seems silly

1 Like

never said that the rogue card is bad. that’s why i said “some of the best cards”.

they are mega busted cards for one of the best performing decks of the meta, so yeah… stop whinning.

I’d submit it’s definitely difficult to compare 1 card to 5, and tout it better than all combined.
The Rogue Leggo is strong, in that we can certainly agree, but what is the point where we can define one card being better than 5 or 6 combined? Seems like a tough sell though I appreciate your sentiment.

For a board based class, why does Paladin get almost no tools to protect it’s board? It barely even gets rush, when meanwhile you have classes like Druid and Hunter who get rush over half their class cards for some reason.

2 Likes

I’m convinced Paladin is paying for the sins of the libram mechanic.

1 Like

Nice when is dk getting some holy spells

Remorssless Winter is Core too. So how is that not power creep again?

1 Like

Because it has divine shield and taunt and buffs (including handbuffs). Druid shouldn’t have Rush generally, they seem to think it should be more proactive, but it shouldn’t. Druid should pay for proactivity to have ramp.

Rush is meant to be a Hunter thing, though.

'cuz Consecration doesn’t really see play and Death Knight is a new class.

Also Consecration is a holy spell that can be discounted, Paladin has equality to combo with it too.

Like class balance is honestly pretty good for the moment anyway.

Handbuffs suck because of Theo, buffs and divine shield are too risky to rely on because of starfish.
Why can’t Paladin get tools that can’t easily be countered? Why is it okay for so many classes to have zero counter play, but Paladin needs to be able to get tech’ed to death?

1 Like

Because Paladin must have been the very first class in the game made. That maeks every other class newer. Newer means power creep is allowed and doesn’t count as power creep apparently. That means every class is allowed to do anything Paladin does better.