New DH Legendary: Patches the Pilot

Oh mb I thought they were just 1/1s

1 Like

Just a reminder, nearly everyone thought the original patches was a complete joke of a legendary (in the sense that it was way too weak to see play.)

Well, the jokes on them, because patches was one of, if not the strongest legendaries in their set. Turns out something that plays for free out of your deck is actually quite strong.

It remains to be seen if this patches will live up to the old-school patches.

2 Likes

I don’t think this is a good card in modern hearthstone. I can’t imagine a free 1/1 with charge is very relevant later in the game compared to other mana cheat/discount mechanics.

1 Like

Let’s all sit back for a moment and be happy that this card specifically says RUSH and not charge.
Legendary ¡ Minion ¡ Festival of Legends ¡ Rush After a friendly Rush minion attacks, give your minions +1 Attack.

However, imagine hitting 5 charging patches, drop this and then spam 3-4 small 1 cost rush minions

3 Likes

This card may or may not be good now. It does however have 5 expansions to become something terrifying. I just don’t see how it doesn’t become a meta player at some point. I guess everyone should be happy that DK didn’t find a way to get access to this card. It would be 10/10 for DK in ANY of their decks.

1 Like

Seriously, where are you people getting that this is even remotely in the same realm of as good as OG patches?

You guys seem like you’ll get this in your opener every game and draw the parachutes on turn two.

This card blows chunks compared to OG Patches.

You all must have Pirate PTSD and are getting triggered off of the name.

5 Likes

It’s safe to say this card is worse than OG Patches, but I don’t see that as a bad thing. That card was arguably one of the strongest cards in HS history. This card probably sees some play in Aggro DH. The Battlecry could add a powerful element to using it in Shaman. Drawing a bunch of tokens with Charge and casting Wish Upon a Star might give rise to a new Aggro Shaman list.

1 Like

I just don’t think it’s as trash as you do, never said it was as good as OG Patches.

The card design is an interesting way to explore new design space while having the flavour of the old card.

1 Like

That will mostly be randomly lucking out with perfect top-decks of Patches on T1 into 4+ parachutes on T2. Unless the opponent has an immediate response, the game is effectively over at that point.

No, it will not be consistent, but expect tons of whines about it happening because someone sent in a clip to Trolden or a similar channel.

1 Like

Are all new cards gonna be a throwback to the past? Where are the new cards? I thought the 10th anniversary was over. 0 creativity

2 Likes

In Paper, this Card seems to be strong af.

But the old Patches is still better (for Aggro).

It’s totaly free, Help you with a turbo Start, and little bit Deckthinning.

The new Card ist a 1/1… And then? Maybe 5 or 6 turns nothing until you Draw one of the Parachutes.

The new Card ist good too, but for another Type of Deck.

The original Patches still is one of the best Aggro Cards ever in this Game.

1 Like

I was there when people downplayed the original card(right here on this forums).

We have just gone full circle … Just another case of history repeating itself.

4 Likes

pretty good with an empty deck and a bloodlust in hand as a shaman tourist.

it takes 5 of thembloodlusted just to kill zilliax

1 Like

To be 100% fair the game was totally different back then.

2 Likes

Technically would have been on the old forums (Which Blizzard outright deleted one day)

This card is pretty damn strong. Stapple in every single DH deck.

its give 7 damages + 7 1/1 body.

I mean, wow.

I’m guessing they’ll get something like that aura that buffed attack for a couple turns. Something like that will make this card viable in the aggro/draw DH playstyle, at some point.

they already had field of strife in alterac valley but it’s wild now

Thanks, was trying to remember the name of that card.

1 Like