Mage
Common
3/2
Beast
Battlecry:Discover a Mage Minion

like it
it lets me use less slots for minions and more for spells

Discover Janalai…eek

Discover copies 3 and 4 of Aprentice. Exodia Mage back for another expansion.

Time Warp is rotating

Seems quite solid. Compare it with Arcane Intellect which nets you +1 card (pay 1 card to draw 2), this thing gives you +1 card and a body for the same mana cost.

1 Like

I know but someone somewhere will get an Antonidas to stick for a turn drop 4 Aprentices and go infinite fireballs sometime this expansion. Never said it would be good or consistent just that the infinite fireball combo survives as a possibility.

The more I look at it, the more lowkey hyped I get about Minion Mage. Turning away from some of the random summons to more Discover effects is a good way to give it the stability that cards like Vex Crow never could.

1 Like

Hmm i wonder if Mage will go in a weird minion based direction… Kind of ruins the Kalecgos control Mage Hype unless they get some real mage spells.

They seem pretty intent on giving each class at least two different directions to go in, so I imagine Kalecgos represents the other sidecof that coin.

1 Like

They’ve been putting in support for that style for several sets now. Arugal, Book of Spectres, Astral Rift, Unexpected Results, and Astromancer are all standard legal in next rotation. Now they’ve got Power of Creation and Khadgar in RoS.

Yeah its always been on the verge of being good. With the power level going down it will probably see play, it just wasn’t the style I thought they were going with the release of Kalecgos. There’s still cards left to be released I guess.

Fantastic Arena card for sure.