New account feedback

Hi I am actually kind of a veteran of hearthstone who made this new account and just decided to dabble with hearthstone on this account to try out mercenaries. I’ve basically purchased every set bundle except the last one because of job commitment issues . Also it looked to me like just taking a glimpse at stormwind you were letting the power levels creep. Which is surprising to me given didn’t we just have standard get its core set completely moved around? Yet what 2 expansions later were looking at combo aggro meta that’s has me baffled remembering when combo decks only killed you turn 9 at best.

I actually like mercenaries except what your asking for in price is insanity. I actually find the comp building and seeing what combos and the pvp not that bad. Some things are degenerate and over spammed. The money your asking for, for what the mode is complete insanity. I maxed out Cariel yet I still can open her coins and be randomly awarded them… Are you serious didn’t we go through this with not wanting to opening duplicate legendries. Also the amount of coins needed to upgrade in relationship to upgrading is crazy. I had nearly 1k king krush coins after crafting him nothing got maxed out and hadn’t even gotten any equipment for him yet. So the notion of throwing new game money at this for hell I don’t know what I’m hoping to max out only to still have to grind significantly for equipment feels insane. I can’t even target what I want with money neverminded the price or misallocated resources. The mode just isn’t a card game for this in my opinion.

Here’s my suggestion make heroic bounties much more rewarding for clearing but have the bounties lock themselves after clearing per week. Make them all lvl 30 and have packs be more rewarding. The grind you are asking for is ridiculous and this game mode should really be separate from hearthstone you can’t even grind gold in it to upgrade things making you have to play the original game in order to unlock the pvp mode. Mercenaries should have been treated as a whole other game from hearthstone, because it is.

Which brings me back to the main hearthstone game since I’m grinding a character to level 20 to unlock tavern brawl. I have to say new players your spoiled rotten but I do find leveling characters for cards feels outdated. It’s just this slow grind you have to do that throws so many new things at you even as an older player I’m like wait I have alex unlocked now. I’m really blown away at how many cards I toiled for back when this game started are just hurled at me and in no time I’ve basically put together a budget tier1-2 deck. I feel confused as to when I’m going to feel pressured to buy cards so much is being obtained quickly. Unless you want to play a deck you saw in a tournament and money was no object there’s very little sense of pressure to buy anything. There’s just too much stuff to bounce off of to try out before you even think about spending money. Also what is going with the match making for new players I faced several quest demon hunter around rank 45 down to 30. I mean that’s not something somebody just casually just checking out this game should be dealing with. Getting combo killed turn 7 trying to play minions.

I think Hearthstone is a just a mess of a game now with too many cooks in kitchen. I actually like mercenaries but the money your asking for is insane. $15 for sylvannas still going to have level her, and can’t even see what she does without browsing the internet. $10 for 300 diablo coins which gets you maybe two upgrades?! What are these prices… start with just packs giving more and maybe a way to grind gold in the mode. It’s a shame because it has potential but the mode looks like a shameless cash grab without a way to aim at getting what you want unless you really have deep pockets.

All I can say GL Hearthstone team because your going to need it.