Nerfs did nothing thread

It is hyperbolic language. “Unplayable” does suggest that there is a technical issue with the game preventing you from playing, but it’s used by a lot of players who really mean “unappealing.” You can also go the extra mile and say “literally unplayable,” which should not be taken literally. Language is weird

The thing is, unappealing doesn’t even begin to describe the situation here.

When all you wanna do is Alt + F4 and wait for the next patch, suddenly “unplayable” becomes much, much more precise

I know. It’s overused hyperbole. And I think it distracts from the point people are trying to convey. I get your point. But I’m glad you got a couple of XD’s out of it. Let’s see how the meta settles after a week and see if the DH playrate drops a bit.

1 Like

Where was this DH before the nerfs?

It was overwhelming for 3 days now, but nothing close to what’s happening right now

It took 7 dh-s in a row to find one single non-DH opponent

If this doesn’t warrant a hotfix, I don’t see myself playing this game anymore

I’m having fun in gold right now. Actually climbing a bit this month, playing a little more in standard than I have for a while. Still only playing a handful of games each day which is a big part of why I rarely rank up very much

Ngl even if they fix dh, will the meta be really interesting and diverse? I don’t really think so. I don’t think I have ever been this uninterested in opening the game this early in an expansion. Every competitive deck is just either the same thing we’ve seen for almost a year now, or it’s incredibly bland and boring gameplay. The only interesting decks in the meta rn for me are wheelock and to some extent gaslight rogue. Both decks kinda suck anyway, and they’re very repetitive too; so they get old really quick.

There are some really compelling and fun things in the backseat right now that I wish would be playable (pirate rogue, druid decks, spell mage, taunt warrior), but they are sooo far below in power level that I don’t think any amount of nerfs would push them forward.

If I were to decide, I would favor buffs over nerfs to fix problems. And they are much more eager to nerf things than they are to buff the things that didn’t work out. I don’t even think DH has a problematic play pattern. It is just an efficient aggro deck. Deal with their aggression and they don’t have much in the way of late-game lethality to sustain their pressure. And it’s the only good deck in DH, nerfing it could make the class unplayable. It is very likely some buffs could bring it back in line. If pirate rogue was good, it could kill them even faster and they could control their board while doing so. If spell mage was good it could control their board easily and get out of range of their tempo, if taunt warrior was good they wouldn’t even be able to hit face often. The problem is that a lot of new things just aren’t working.

The game’s unplayable

They ruined the MT qualification season finish for most of us

I want to play hearthstone not DHstone

It’s not easy to make me quit playing but they successfully did it and went home for Easter break.

Absolutely incompetent.

I forgot what was it like playing with a meta decks.

I decided to climb legend next month and chosen least class I played with which is Demon Hunter. I don’t even know how to operate deck yet and when they see dh people just concede happened three times in a row! At this rate I will reach legend without even playing the deck once.

1 Like

Inappropriate thing to write.

1 Like

Agreed. It’s a little ad-hominem.

I know cheez plays plague dk a lot, which is a deck I loathe with a passion, but I wouldn’t say he’s despicable for playing it. Maybe just a little sociopathic tho :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Anyone who thinks it’s okay to be an as… um, jerk, to jerks, is behaving identically to the jerks. Every jerk believes this. And the end of the chain is always blaming innocent people.

If you say it in reference to my remark, I don’t think I was being a jerk. Saying that u have to be a little sociopathic to play plage dk is obviously just hyperbole, not meant as a personal offense. Calling people scumbugs is a little much tho. Much more personal imo.

1 Like

I didn’t. Characters

1 Like

Seriously, DH every damn game is getting really really really annoying.

1 Like

I don’t think so. It’s just an opinion. Like many of yours it may be wrong, but I’m certainly entitled to it.

Look who’s saying that.
The call is coming from inside the house.

Currently struggling to stay in Tier 3. No where to be seen in Tier 2.

Just putting that out there… :wink:

Accurate. I’m a little perplexed as to why.

I told you why when the nerfs hit. Paladin was closing out a lot of games because of windfury. The outfit tailor response made no sense. It’s not a replacement at all.