Nerf this Mage/warriorSTONE

and seoul today too right? tis a good day for hearthstone fan bois n grills

Yeah, I think I will wait for that. Just a brief glance at HSreplays tier lisitings show the overall winrates to be BETTER than R5+, with Combo Priest being the outlier. That gives very little support to “bad players” dragging win rates down, as implied above. If anything “bad players” are boosting win rates of most decks…

1 Like

So you’re twisting my words here. I said bad players are skewing the win rates not dragging win rates down. Quote me saying otherwise

If bad players are increasing the win rate, then they are not bad players.

And the point remains, most are minimal changes given HSReplays method of collection. You say 3% is huge, and it is, but nowhere near as large as it would be using VS’s collection method which minimises selection bias.

So i’m not sure what you’re arguing here since that’s not what they are doing either. 1 player wins 1 player loses. The win rate for overall data is always 50%. What they are doing is making some decks win more than others due to their opponents not knowing how to play against them.

And here you’re arguing with data that doesn’t exist honestly man finish your cuppa and just wait for VS maybe your point will gain some ground then. You’re really clutching at straws at the moment and it’s embarrassing.

VS uses the OPPONENTS win or loss, minimising selection bias. HSReplay uses the PLAYER, which promotes it. There is a reason you often see HSReplay deck with 60%+ win rates - selection bias.

Maybe listen to what I am saying. I am not saying HSReplays data is bad, just that its biased due to their collection method. VS takes steps to minimise the bias in their reports, which is why their win rates are usually FAR lower for the same decks than that posted on HSR. So trying to blame bad players for skewing the data is a copout on a flawed data collection technique.

1 Like

i played 10 games today

8x mage
2x warrior

nice game.

1 Like

Nonono, don’t post this its goes against the Discord’s narrative aaahhhh

How can it if I am a leader?

I know, I know… you’re preconceived notions that Paladin couldn’t win in RoS and that everyone LOVES Mage and Warrior are broken consistently by me… I am sorry… no wait I’m not.

SgtCreamSoda: “Paladin got only trash cards in SoU”
SoU: Paladin has the only Quest which is performing decently well based on W/L data r5 - L

Now, granted, I am surprised as well. Paladin’s Quest was good (thematically questionable) but I thought the support structure around the Quest was too poor to work out as well as it has.

Now you’re just trying too hard lol. Even I’ve acknowledged that Mage is probably due a nerf to LPG. I’d personally prefer that they HoF Mountain Giant from a Mage-playing perspective, because that wouldn’t hurt nearly as bad for Reno decks, but the most effective overall nerf to Mage right now would be to smack LPG a little.

I’m interested to see what the Vicious Syndicate report says. You can see the match up and play rate tables right now. Mage and Warrior are by far the most played classes (20 and 15%), and Highlander Mage looks to me to either be the best or close to the best deck in the game. It has no highly unfavorable match ups and plenty of good ones. Mech Hunter is the worst match up at 38/62 but if you go to 4 to legend, it shrinks to 42/58.

I’ll wait for the actual report, but from the tables, it looks a lot like Mage and Warriorstone to me.

One interesting development that I wasn’t expecting is that aggro Warrior looks to be very good.

Are the other 10% sacrificed to Yogg?

I wouldn’t mind it. Just asking.

1 Like

My bad, typo. It should read 38/62.

I was aware.
Just being a little sh!thead.

2 Likes

I will say I am glad that Frothing Berserker is a card seeing play again. Thematically it is one of my favorite cards from the Basic/Classic set.

3 Likes

Tier 1
Combo Priest 55.75%
The less frequent decks can have high winrates but don’t mean that they are OP

Tier 2
Control Warrior 54.3%
The more frequent played decks with high winrate shows that the deck its OP and probably very easy to play.

Winrates alone don’t show how strong the decks are because we need to also know the playrates and the difficulty of them.

Combo Priest is actually catching up and, in legend, has surpassed Control Warrior is play rate over the past 3 days.

From r5 - L the difference in the two decks overall is only about 3%. Now, the meta did always take into consideration Control Warrior where, I would assume, Combo Priest is only now beginning to be considered by the meta. Those two decks though are beginning to equalize in population in the upper-tiers of HS.

Edit:
Interestingly Aggro Warrior is beginning to overtake Control Warrior in WR but in this case playrate is still very differentiated.

1 Like