Need Deckbuilding Advice

I realize I really suck at deckbuilding but I keep trying. I hope you might offer some helpful tips for me.
I have tried searching for decks online, copying the code and pasting into the game, but most of the time I have 11-15 out of the 30 cards.
Repeat that 5 or 6 times and I start to get frustrated.
Since I have only been playing for 2 weeks, I have little crafting dust, so what’s a noob to do?
Thanks, in advance for your advice.

1 Like

I’m making my own decks and chaning them with the meta ( adding or removing cards , depends on the matches im going mostly )
First thing u need to do is to learn the meta. You cant build a deck without knowing which classes and what decks are in the meta right now ( guessing you want to climb with your deck )
Since you have little amount of cards ( i dont know what cards you have ) Just pick easy class and make aggressive deck (which are the most cheapest decks ) for example you can do an aggressive rogue or hunter deck.
Pick cards that can support each other. Dont pick only high cost cards. Try to have good early game cards which can help you to transfer to mid and late game.
Include some removals in the deck too.
If u want more advices i can give you like few minutes of speech just too tired to write everything down here xD add me in NA or EU … HealBot#21481

Thanks. I don’t always know the buzz words or acronyms (like Meta, NA, EU).

I unlocked the Demon Hunter, and used my coins to buy mostly Descent of Dragons cards- but the last 4 packs I got were Ashes of Outland.

While I try to create synergy (like a deck built around beasts) I end up failing most of the time. My mana curves are usually 12-15 cards from 0-3, 10 from 4-6, and the rest 7+

I have also tried to build a deck by picking 1-3 favorites and letting the game pick the rest of the deck (but that doesn’t seem to work out very well)

How would you define an aggressive hunter deck?

AAECAa/XAwAPqALJBIgF7QaXCNsJ/gzzpwP5rgP7rwP8rwOFsAOiuQP5ugP/ugMA

You can try this deck. Its cheap and you can push to Legend with it super easy. I was teaching a guy and we went 14-0 with this deck :slight_smile: really easy adn fast games. Also you can push for 30 games a day with this deck and farm gold with it that way :slight_smile:

ugh. I only have 15 out of 30… this happens all the time. I guess I will just have blah decks until I can purchase many more packs.

Is there a way to buy dust?

NOPE. Yeah and don’t blame Blizzard you should consider start doing quest often or drop down a few bucks if you want to have a decent deck.
If you are one of the players who only gets two games a month and don’t want to spend money, this game is not for you.

Try to see what templates you are interested in, then save dust from unwanted cards to craft the deck.

Thanks. I play every day and complete my quests daily as well. Since I make about 100 coins every other day, I am opening packs quickly enough. I did purchase the welcome. What do you mean by ‘templates’?

Since its super cheap deck , you can easy craft the cards you missing.
As a new players choose 2 classes you wont play and disenchant every single card from these classes. That way you will be able to craft that deck :slight_smile:
You gettign 1 legendary at the first 10 packs u open from each expansion. So consider doign that too.

Template = playable suggested deck model provided in game
Try cheap decks first, then you can gradually move onto sth better

1 Like
1 Like

When you reach Bronze you get a free deck.

You can consider figuring out which one you want,
Compare the free deck with the meta version on Vicious Syndicate,
Craft cards for the meta deck that aren’t on the free deck.

You can also play the Demon Hunter prologue for a free DH deck.

Thanks. I reached silver 5, unlocked demon hunter, and have unlocked a bunch of cards using daily bonus coins. Having the cards is only one part of it, but trying to figure out minions vs spells, which minions/spells support or boost each other, etc.

Which free deck did you get?

Are you playing with it?

Regardless, you want DoD and AoO cards before any other expansion.

I recommend opening packs until you open your first Legendary in all Standard sets, then DoD and AoO until at least 50 packs each.

google hsreplay which is a must have resource, it gives u deck winrates, cost, and what not.

Yes, and new players shouldn’t be helping new players yet, need to build up skills first

ppl that just went through new player experience understands whats someone newer than them is going through… atleast better than some older player it seems.

like how u don’t need one month to build a competitive deck after devs add free deck with 3x leggies, beginner ranks that give 31 packs, more solo adventures that reward cards/card packs and so on which many older players are seem to be forgetting.

also i don’t see any replies from older players telling op that life is way simpler with fansites that show what decks he can afford that can be played far more competitively than templates.(hsreplay fansite is a gamechanger)

1 Like

I have many friends I know who plays HS. It obviously became much easier, but the reality is, the new players face mechanics from the new expansion which are not included in older standard free decks, the new expansion’s card power is clearly more abusive at first then slowly nerfed then the cycle continues. Although the journey seems much easier than before, it is actually harder.

1 Like

Be very patient. Get all free stuff, do all quests, re-roll any quests that require you to win games. Just do dailies and collect cards for a few months.

Pick one or two classes to focus on collecting cards, obviously.

Also, the current meta is getting old. A new meta (the decks that are considered the best, see Vicious Syndicate site for rankings) is coming with next expack in August.

Make it your goal to be competitive then. If you craft legendaries, ideally you choose cards that will be good for the next two years until they rotate, not just the next two months.

2 Likes