Nearly game breaking lag on Mac after patch

The new update seems to have introduced game breaking graphics issues on my M1 Macbook Pro, which has been running fine for a year. I also have this appear on the intro screen to Battlegrounds.

https://imgur.com/a/6JsgBrZ

In the game all the graphics look normal, but all animations and hover effects are extremely slow.

Running MacOS 13.6.6.

Edit 22apr: uninstalling and reinstalling fixed it

4 Likes

Confirm, i’ve the same issue. Works so bad since yesterday

1 Like

I have an M2 Macbook Pro - I also now experience insane lag along with the spinning mac wheel of death many times per game. The game has always worked relatively flawlessly up until the new card/season update. I really hope @blizzard solves this. All the friends I have that play on Mac also have the same issue and are resorting to playing on their phones to avoid it.

1 Like

It has probably nothing to do with MacOS because I have similar issues while playing it via my Asus laptop / Windows.

Even the menu is slow and has many graphical bugs. e.g.: If I’m howeing my mouse over a quest, or any animated icon I see a large white rectagnel covering the element.

I also noticed that switsching between fullscreen and windowed mode solves the lagg issue for a few seconds.

Update: Reinstalling Hearthstone solved the issue.

Same here. Ever since the patch on Mac, any in-game stuff is insanely laggy as soon as matchmaking finishes. Battlegrounds is actually unplayable at this point.

1 Like

Same! It is impossible to play the game right now. Lots of moments where the game acts like it is crashing, buffering wheel, but then starts again. Every draw, play, and card effect is glitchy, and my hero skin also glows with a blue magic overlay?

1 Like

Same for me! M1 Pro insane lags,

Im decrease all graphics and resolution, but playing still difficult.

Ventura 13.3

Solve it please! today i recieve an update, the issue persists!

Hey guys,

I just deinstalled and reinstalled Hearthstone and the issue is now solved on my M2 MacOS 14.4.1.

1 Like

This worked for me too! :slight_smile:

deinstalled and reinstalled,

NO effect for me.