Mystery Solved: the Secret 25th Battlegrounds Quest Reward

Super-sleuths tracked down the rumors and put together the clues to discover that there was, in fact, another Battlegrounds Quest Reward option! This last, elusive Quest Reward is called Partner in Crime, and the Reward grants you your Hero’s Golden Buddy when completed.

Unlike all the other Battlegrounds Quest Rewards, Partner in Crime is only offered in very specific circumstances. Specifically, ALL heroes in the lobby must have a valid Buddy option (that means no heroes that came after Buddies left, like Sire Denathrius or Queen Azshara), and also nobody can be playing as Sir Finley or Elise Starseeker.
If your lobby fits these criteria, there is then a 1% chance of the lobby rolling Partner in Crime. If you do, it will be offered to everyone in the lobby.

Congratulations to everyone who helped solve the mystery, and good luck to everyone still searching for their Partner in Crime!

7 Likes

This is like, rlly cool, but the percent chance should be higher. The odds of no one choosing a hero without a buddy when the newest ones are always offered to a player is already extremely low

1 Like

IF the criteria fits THEN there is a 1% chance…the chance that the criteria fits is like 0.0001% because no one is not choosing Murloc Holmes lol…

i’ll be sure to pick the heroes that remove the chance for everyone else now

2 Likes

This is a very cool feature

Me yesterday, between murloc holems and Dawngrasp: i guess Dawngrasp is more fun, extra coins are good but boring :joy:

This post is just confusing to me.
No hero has buddy anymore.
So what is this community manager talking about?

Thats kinda cool. I had the quest once and didnt notice other people in lobby also having it. Its good the whole lobby gets the option. 1% is low odds with the requirements also beeing not so easy to fullfill. I havent even played 100 games totall so i guess we got lucky that one lobby.

I mean, I can understand that I suppose. Maybe if it’s Murloc Holmes or Ysera you choose Ysera…but every single BG I’m in there is a Murloc Holmes. It’s a free 10+ coins and not to mention it pairs well with cards and quests where you add things to your hand. Just busted good.

Correct, there is no buddies anymore…except under these specific conditions you can get the old buddy from a quest reward during game.

1 Like