Mysterious Stranger Change (Worst nerf in history)

Thats logic move.

If you release a gacha mode, you have to ensure its painfuly grindy and slow for f2p so they are inclined to spend money on the game.

It was utter failure of dev team to overlook the possibility to easily farm low lvl bounties to get access to tasks and coins.

Now any new player either spend money or it would take forever to level heroes without easy access to Mysterious Strange.

Game turned from f2p friendly gacha to game to f2p hostile gacha game in a matter of seconds :smiley:

1 Like

yup, and it looks less developed than a chinese mobile app game developed on a 20$ budget. Completely unironically.

Want to invest more money on whaling the 0 graphics mode, than they spent making it, lmao?

1 Like

I don’t want to play PvP or the higher level stuff until I have the best merc stats, we are playing the game you made. No one is cheating these tokens were put in the game to be farmed so why nerf it because we aren’t playing the other content fast enough. The game is only a few days old. This was an unnecessary nerf. Also air elementals cause global warming it deserved to get bonked.

1 Like

This is so crazy unfair, unbelievable, iam so mad right now, iam a competitive player, but i only started recently, the advantage people now have over me in timeinvestment is rediculous. I bought all the packages but to max out ur charackters u still need a lot of time, even with the h2 farm, especially when u go for the extra 1/5. Now the 1/5 isnt even achievable unless u spend 1000$+ or grinding what? 60h for one hero?! Who does that?? Thanks for baiting my money first and then destoying any competiteive chances so that i am forced to insta quit.

5 Likes

That’s ridiculous bulldung. The more players, the more profit. If players have to wait 10+ minutes for an opponent, the game is dead. Whales need F2P players to play and show off against. Scaring away your players isn’t a healthy marketing decision.

3 Likes

Imagine discouraging farming in a farming game KEKW

8 Likes

i hope and assume you directed the bulldung word to hearthstone update.

people are already scared on fighting pit before,
the new update just scare them even more.

i even made a post to encourage player to play fighting pit without max upgrade.
the tips are already outdated and no longer valid.

just in case if you directed bulldung toward me :

i am trying to understand blizzard company perspective,
i don’t see any logical conclusion other than what i wrote since all their claim are false and utter non sense.

limiting mysterious stranger doesn’t make mercenaries more engaging as they claimed.
they also make fighting pit more scary for newcomer.
i can only conclude they want people to play less which actually short term benefit.

and later they bait people again with new content.

it’s a logical business practice.

agreed, hence why i said it’s short term benefit.

to be honest, you are not the first person telling me it’s nonsense.
there is 3 other people telling my writing about this is nonsense in old blizzard forum.

you guys forgot that company marketing is dedicated to make profit as much as possible as they can just to reach monthly target. [present result is more important than future prospect]

edit : dang i didn’t get paid for this lesson
edit 2 : did i mention people using scripted bot to play this game ?, the server is also overloaded by the way, i seen bunch of crash and “your game have been saved please restart hearthstone to continue” from disconnect screen.

I totally argeed, ppl will just rush to next farm task. Blizard is hungry for that $$.

Blizzard, fix the game before you hotfix stuff that doesn’t even need to be touched, or atleast give players something else in return. I’m tired of your BS. Shame on you…

2 Likes

I don’t even build the Fighting pit in my Mercs camp, it’s a 100 gold wasted (for me), all i play is PvE.
Thank to Blizz, with the new update, i don’t have to waste my time on this mode, now i can watch some movie or read something.

2 Likes

I see this mode going down the toilet even quicker now. Enjoy it while you still can lol

Would crappy 3D graphics that slow down your phone really add all that much to the game mode? =\

To be honest, farming the level 30 normal encounter doesn’t take that much longer than farming heroic air elemental, but it does mean you’ll have to change it up a bit to complete tasks and earn them I guess.

In general, though. Tasks are just a bad mechanic that slow down you making your mercs PvP viable. And the random chance is way too obscure. Doing a whole bounty and the mystery coin being a spud or sabotage feels awful. Especially on Winterspring and Blackrock. Which are total SLOGS.

I think personally:

1. Tasks should be awarded from completing max level bounties. (50% chance to get one from a completed normal mode level 30 bounty, 100% chance to get one from a heroic level 30 bounty)
  2. Make Toki’s task quite a bit more difficult but improve the rewards. It’s so unsatisfying honestly.
  3. Let us pick a “focus” on bounties. So if say, I pick Thrall on Ursula Windfury. One of the three coin piles is guaranteed to be 15 Thrall coins (30 on heroic). Again, it just feels awful to do something that’s such a big time sink and effectively get nothing.
1 Like

How ? I’m doing the Heroic Felwood level 29 bounty, retire runs until I have a 2 fights mystery stranger, retire and repeat.

Aside from taking a little bit longer, this is the same. Is this what you call playing the game ? The first fights are a joke and get obliterated.

You’d rather they took back what people have already farmed? so you would rather the game die completely because that is what would happen in that case and thousands would be demanding any money spent back … it’ll never happen so stop dreaming

As is, this nerf will probably kill the game, it’ll sink lower than Duels

It’s really similar of the Dark moon battle pass change. Design something terrible make it “better” and get praised for it. When Blizzard made it an issue in the first place.

Guess we gotta buy more pack$$$.

I worked with servers and servers don’t scale like that. Servers generally have a fixed cost. Also the game was on thin ice to begin with thanks to poor marketing. This move could effectively cripple it to Heroes of the Storm levels which seems to be in a defacto maintenance mode.

They’ve effectively taken away the only catch-up mechanic that existed in the game to bring mercenaries players up to the same tier as the players who spend the first week maxing out their characters. Why would I or anyone spend 3x the already outrageous grind time to max out a character now, just to be able to compete in PVP? This hasn’t encouraged me to spend more money on packs or do more engaging game play… it’s encouraged me to play the other game modes instead and cut my losses in mercs.

6 Likes

Even if i know my build, reaching at least 7 quests for every of 6 heroes would take months… Thx, Blizzard

3 Likes

This should actually be read as “We are slashing the rates of the mysterious stranger across the board. Give us money for packs and don’t worry about the fact that guy over there has Vol’Jin’s ring of haste and you don’t even have task 2 complete. Have fun grinding!”

Because I’ve been refreshing level 30 heroics now and the early results are NOT promising. 4/4 not a single mysterious stranger so far.

3 Likes