But now you have my attention.

1 Like

So far with this new set up, 5.

I’m 5-0

But first, I’d like Xombo to agree to say sorry for the comment:

If I post matches that prove my claim.

And if he doesn’t…I’d always share my matches upon your request lol :wink:

3 Likes

If you’re beating warlocks as a priest they’re either terrible or had bad draw. Like control warlock is literally the counter to priest.

You still haven’t answered my question as to how you counter tickatus/y’sharraj/jarraxus if they draw them.

1 Like

Again, you’re wrong. It doesn’t matter if they get Tickatus off or not. I put so much pressure on the warlock and force them to use removals that they just run out.

I told you I would answer your question with matches, but you didn’t answer.

So, instead, I’ll show you.

https://hsreplay.net/replay/rPAjrb8U92i6X6JczPSA6g - Here I win by Clowns
https://hsreplay.net/replay/Q9kqGbJrBq3WmxFoiiAP49 - Here I win by Yshaarj/Clowns again (This is the ultimate win condition by running him out of removals)
https://hsreplay.net/replay/4GXrHEEPaZwduMpmFFCA9V - Here I win by fatigue and running him out of removals
https://hsreplay.net/replay/pP7ZxEGuTV8SYU5WMVf4RL -Fatigue again, he must concede as I ran him out of removals.

Different variants of Warlock. Control Warlock might be the counter to CURRENT PRIEST DECKS, but it’s not a counter to mine. The only way a control warlock can win is if they hit both my N’zoth and my Y’shaarj. You can see in one of those games I don’t even play them all.

My stats do not lie and my games don’t lie. My priest deck counters them plain and simple.

10 Likes

I thought you were trolling because of OP’s obvious attempt to get a rise out of Control players, but no, you actually beat some Warlocks with ridiculous late game.

My only suggestion is maybe a Darkmoon Rabbit to more easily corrupt the Clowns, as well as a good beast for N’Zoth.

Otherwise, nice homebrew man.

1 Like

Thanks. Moonfang and Scorpid are good hits for N’zoth. Also, my pirates allow me to grab opponent minions to fill in the blank. Rabbits are too slow and hurts the curve against aggro.

3 Likes

I feel like Mr Xombo is going to go quiet now, it’s just completely deny the replays.

Call it a gut feeling.

1 Like

Nah. He’ll come with the excuse that those aren’t good warlock players, not good warlock decks, etc.

I’ll just continue to add onto my replays and I’ll post my next one I win.

3 Likes

In his defence, I can’t say I expected menagerie corrupt priest lmao.

3 Likes

No one does. That’s why they lose lol

4 Likes

I’m glad you found one of the holes in the control lock package!

Too many people tend to pretend that there just aren’t any.

I’m curious as to how my lock deck handles that.

1 Like

Self insert I know, but for a little credit where it’s due here, Schyla and I have been working on similar builds together. I was the one who suggested the gods in the first place and drafted our original version. We’ve been tweaking most of our builds in unison. I’ve been legend for a couple days now with something similar to what Schyla has running. The N’zoth menagerie is the decks core, and the clowns/yshaarj is just a small package that closes games versus warlocks with brutal efficiency. It’s worked very well for both of us.

6 Likes

100%. Like I said in another thread about warlock, Melphina and I have solved the puzzle.

2 Likes

I’m currently running this

2x (1) Renew
2x (2) Sethekk Veilweaver
2x (2) Wandmaker
2x (3) Apotheosis
2x (3) Hysteria
2x (3) Venomous Scorpid
1x (4) Blademaster Samuro
2x (4) Southsea Scoundrel
1x (4) The Nameless One
1x (4) Xyrella
2x (5) Burning Blade Acolyte
1x (5) Taelan Fordring
2x (6) Claw Machine
2x (6) Lightshower Elemental
1x (7) Soul Mirror
1x (9) Alexstrasza the Life-Binder
2x (9) Carnival Clown
1x (10) N’Zoth, God of the Deep
1x (10) Y’Shaarj, the Defiler

AAECAZ/HAgjIvgOb2AOY3gP83gP76APU7QOoigSwigQLk7oDm7oDr7oD3swD/tsDuuED+OMDlugD9egDmusDlO8DAA==

Both of our builds have worked excellently on ladder against everything from aggro to control.

3 Likes

One thing I notice from your deck that i don’t see on a lot of other priests is actual win conditions. Unlike what the people crying in the forums tell you Warlocks can’t really remove every wide board you build. There is a reason why Control Warlock has a 39% win against clown druids, they just can’t remove all those wide boards turn after, after turn, warlocks do succumb to pressure. Have you considered running Insight or possibly Dark Inquisitor Xanesh? Make those clowns easier to corrupt.

3 Likes

Insight is a horribly designed card. It should not be a corrupt card working the way it does. If it draws your Corrupt activator and reduces the cost, it screws your deck. I cannot afford insight pulling N’zoth. It’s just a really bad design in the end and you have to make your deck adjusted just in case (which is why people run 2-3 10-cost cards.)

I was originally running insight and quickly pulled it out. I’ll discover it and use it if I’ve already yanked my N’zoth from Fordring.

I dislike Xanesh as well because because it is too slow for a turn 5. Turns 4-6 are extremely important for priests in general but especially for my deck. And even if my clowns get to 7 mana, it still needs the same activator - N’zoth.

Melphina and I both removed those cards from our deck for those reasons(although Melphina is toying with insight still). Good suggestions, made sense on paper, but in action it just didn’t work as fluidly.

1 Like

Makes sense, only other card i would consider is Raise Dead, you can easily get a pair of corrupted clowns off of them with so many on board, may be even another N’Zoth, not that your late game is lacking of course. :slight_smile: I would not be surprised if you maintain a high % vs warlock.

Yes, I run 2 Raise dead and use it exactly for that reason. I’ve been trying to convince Melphina to drop insight and run those instead lol