My experience so far(and advice)

Hey guys, so I’m not entirely new to this game because I had an account 2 years ago but it’s email got deleted, so I made a new account. On my old one I was ok, usually got rank 5-10 ish. On this new one, obviously a lot of stuff changed but I’ve been doing arena and averaging 5ish wins and with the extra pack the game gives I got my hands on a budget ish zoolock. Besides the occasional player I’ll meet who has a t1 deck at rank 39, I don’t really have any complaints. Any advice moving forward? Besides getting out of ranks 50-25 ofc, anything in particular I should be doing?

Just stick with a cheap (low dust cost) deck that has a >50% win rate ( zoo warlock should be fine). Learn to play it well and you should have no problem grinding to rank 15. Then you can save your dust for next expansion (maybe even 2 expansions from now if you have a really small collection with no dust) and craft a better deck then.

I started playing in the middle of the boomsday expansion and used cheap odd Pally and beast hunter decks to finish out year of the Raven. I didnt start to push for rank until Rise of Shadows started .

I would take your time to get back into the game and learn the cards and stuff, it’s not a race and the game is about having fun. You don’t need a decent deck to win more than 50% of games until probably rank 15ish, you just need fundamentals. You’re gonna lose to some people in rank 25-50, there are a decent number of experienced players in those ranks making new accounts on different servers. Consider buying the welcome bundle even if you plan on spending very little if any money on the game, it’s a pretty good deal as far as price per pack goes. Also, I wouldn’t dust too many epic/leg cards unless they’re complete trash because a) you can’t open duplicate legendaries and you don’t want to open it again and b) the return is pretty bad and it will cost 4x as much to craft that card if you want it for a deck later. As far as arena, it all depends on whether you’re willing to spend money on the game; some players have jobs so it’s not worth their time and they’d rather just buy cards, other people enjoy the grind.

If you’re on americas you can add me at buckyballin#1703 and if I’m online i’d be happy to help you out with questions.