Moto G6 - Screen Freezing (take 3)

Recently, I was forced to replace my LG Rebel 4, and I now have a Moto G6, which is a technical upgrade in virtually every conceivable sense. However, there’s something about my phone that Hearthstone does not like.

Typically this bug manifests at the end of a game by freezing the screen, but in games sufficiently long or Battlegrounds, it can occur in the middle of that game. I know it’s just the screen and not the game because I am still able to input commands by tapping where things ought to be and hearing the sound of, say, a button click, menu change, music changing from main menu to the battlegrounds theme, etc. Restarting the game is the only cure.

Clearing the cache between restarts seems to help marginally; I can sometimes play two games instead of one. Last night with no relevant event I can think of, my phone was able to play for a couple hours at a time between the freezes. I have installed the game four times now, and once through the Amazon Appstore, and to no avail. I have also tried using a VPN. I have tried tinkering with various developer settings, or apps that allow some control over how hard my CPU is working; nothing I have done has yielded any relief.

Normally I’d suck it up and play on, much as I have done in regards to the infinite queue bug I’ve experienced since Hallow’s End of last year, but this is coating me many games, is very frustrating, and since it seems to be an issue limited specifically to my device, I do not have hope it’ll be fixed in the upcoming patch. Well, not intentionally at least. Perhaps I’ll get lucky and something they change in the patch un-goofs my game.

After a few days and nights of having struggled with this, I am willing to reluctantly say that the problem is more severe during high traffic hours,and less so in the latest hours of the night / earliest of the morning, able to play through several games without having to reboot the client.

I’m willing to try any suggestions or offer more information if needed.

Phone: Moto G6 (XT1925DL)
Hardware Version: PVT2
Running Android 9 (pie)
Baseband Version: M450_21.29.10.88R ALI_NA_CUST
Kernel Version: 3.18.120-perf-g2af0cec #1 Mon Feb 10 14:15:56 CST 2020
Build Number: PPSS29.118-15-11-9
Security Patch Level: Feb 1, 2020

Bonus Round: A thanks to user Peverin who has redirected me here from bug report so I might find some help… twice.

A post was merged into an existing topic: [Main Thread] Moto G6 - Game Freezing/Crashing