Mother Shahraz, Trial by Felfire

Is anyone having trouble with the Mother Shahraz in Chapter 2? I can’t figure out the trick to beat her or if its just simply too hard. I’ve lost to her about 10-15 times.

she’ll hit back whatever hit her, so the key is to spam small units to hit her once and then use the rest of your minions to face punch her. Took me like 3 tries. There’s some luck with minions.

1 Like

I figured that much out, but i can’t get any minions to stick at all.

Probably luck at that point then, just keep restarting if you think that you have a bad start.

You need to cross your fingers she doesn’t draw that Fiery War Axe-Dormant guy. If she gets that too early, you lose and there’s nothing you can do about it: she will grab your minions and use them as toilet paper.

3 Likes

The way I beat her, after 2 hours of bashing my face against the proverbial wall, was to have her not get anything worthwhile for the first 3 turns, then on turn for drop 2 dormant axe guys on turn 4.
Meanwhile, I managed to draw into the mushroom outcast whose name I can never remember and played him with Outcast. After that she became a joke, the tokens have 1 attack taunt and 6 health, so she can’t kill them in 1 blow and I drew 2 Coordinated Strike. After that I grabbed board control, and she never reclaimed it.

Personally I feel that that fight is on par with the hell that is the Paladin challenge back in nax, there is just too much that need to go your way to make this fight doable with that deck. Even more so since the ONLY cards in your deck that can survive a parry is the mushroom tokens since the parry makes the creature take damage = to its attack score.
In the end the game boils down to; can I draw enough tokens and shadowsteps to keep the boss from killing all my minions.
It also does not help you are GUARANTEED to miss your draw on turn 4.

His name is Sklibb and he’s my favourite part of the entire adventure.

2 Likes

That was it, thanks :slight_smile:

This challenge is actually a joke… ridiculously stupid… not fun

Resurrect priest work fine for me.

Something with those nice 5-5 heal someone for 5 at end of turn minion squeeze in the deck, it help to keep you max hp and you eventually out value her.

Actually resurrect priest is a good start for many of those fights.

1 Like

any slower deck works in all challenges, i used a modified galakrond priest with grave rune and waterbearer. you just need to outlast the threats and you win. in case of Shahraz, teching 2 ooze for the early game works very well.

I do not mind losing a lot to test outcomes, but, like you Jake, the enjoyment of the challenge left when it started feeling impossible.

I have hated Priest design since the first days playing Hearthstone. I seldom want to play Priest, so try to find any other option when possible. I felt troubled that Rez Priest seemed necessary. Because of dusting and long breaks from playing this game, many Priest cards are not in my collection. That turned out to be a good thing, because the awful attempt with a shoddy custom Rez Priest deck motivated a Shaman deck that was a more appropriate solution. Totems provide +1 heal, a 1/1, a 0/2 taunt. Many Shaman minions have a deal damage battlecry. There is a nifty spells that grants deathrattle resurrect. Mother Shahraz was left with one card in hand that was never played.

This is such a dumb fight. Aside from the fact its just broken, its just not fun. What kind of idiot dev would design this fight thinking people would enjoy it? There is 0 skill involved this is a pure luck fight that you restart till you get good RNG. this sht should be removed or changed.

I bet if you paid for this expansion you’d get “lucky” on your draws.
I still haven’t been able to complete dalaran heist. But shockingly my friend who bought it dusted it off on his second ever try, the RNG on card draws isnt so Random imo

except this “expansion” was free, so your jibberish makes no sense