Monster Hunt Help

I manged to finish the Monster Hunt with 3 of the heroes, but only Toki is the hardest one. I would really appreciate some help.

I’ll first say that any strategy will heavily depend on RNG. That is, your treasures, the card buckets you get, etc.

And because Toki hero power is also basically a 2nd chance to roll RNG, it may be a bit difficult to get consistent run with her.

The treasure that will give you the best result will be Double Time. This effectively doubles any spells you cast. You can even be presented with Double Time treasure twice, and picking it up the 2nd time will cause all your spells to triple cast.

Since Toki has access to a lot of RNG spells, causing it to cast multiple times will give you another chance for a more consistent result. It also turns some spells into borderline OP, such as Cinderstorm. Deal 15 random damage to enemies for 3 mana? That’s very good.

Toki was the hero that you can’t really control, due to the nature of the cards. If you manage to score Double Time, then always opt for spells when presented. However, due to the nature of the buckets designed, sometimes you may not even be presented with enough spells to make good use out of it.

Another good treasure will be Entrenchment, which give all your minions +2 health. If you happen to be presented for it twice, it gives all your minions +4 health. Then focus on selecting creature cards to make full use of it, while also selecting some board clears when you have the chance. This treasure effectively just upgrade your minions naturally, sometimes even by 2 or 3 cost, for the stats that you get.

At the end of the day, this will still depend on the RNG card buckets that you are presented. But my run was most consistent with Toki when I get Double Time / Entrenchment treasure.

Avoid high cost minions if you can, as these are traps. In later stages, bosses cheat by starting with extra mana and you really need to play something and can’t skip the first few turns due to your hand holding high cost minions. Maybe have 2-3 high cost minions, but dont go overboard having 5+ since they can screw your early draws in later stages (where these early turns are vital and can determine the outcome of the battle straight away)

Hope this helps.

2 Likes

I don’t remember exactly, but there is a treasure/minion which allows you to swap hands with your opponents. That should help greatly with the last boss (Toki). Personally it didn’t feel too difficult to get to the last boss with a little luck (around 50% I guess for me).

1 Like

You must try paladin…

After about a hundred tries with Toki I gave up. She’s 5% strategy and 95% RNG and is far and away the most RNG-dependent hero in Monster Hunt. Her hero power does not even come close to turning her RNG-dependence into an advantage.

If you still want to try it, I’ll +1 everything Archangel said. You can also use your hero power to reroll mage scrolls or anything else that randomly changes at the start of your turn, or to swap hands with your opponent to see what cards they have.

Scratch that, after 134 monsters defeated, I finally beat Toki’s Monster Hunt! It’s still all luck though. You just have to keep trying.

This is not true! In my experience, she is by far the most reliable one, in terms of not losing due to horrible luck. If you are losing more than 50% of the time you’re almost certainly doing it wrong.

You have to synergize with the passive treasure you get, but if you get Double Time (seems to be offered quite often), you just prioritize Glyph and Unstable Portal, and you should be good to go if you play it right. Not every time, certainly, but I played a lot of runs and won at least 2/3 of them (don’t remember offhand).

1 Like

I haven’t had any issues with Toki. I wouldnt get the minion buff treasure. Double Time is good. So is Magi Robe and Scyer’s Orb/Stone.

One thing to note with Double Time, you don’t get to choose the target if it’s a targeted spell. I don’t know if it is because the minion died to my direct damage spell or what, but the second iteration of my direct damage spell attacked my own minion. I’ve also had it hit my face. If that happens, I would use her hero power to reset it. The legendary goblin that resets your HP after every spell is incredibly useful with Toki. It basically gives you infinite chances to get the RNG outcome that you want.

The best treasures that I have seen are the ones that give you a spell from every class and the echo kill a minion spell.

Good luck and hope this helped some.

Except when fireball hits that goblin, or does that still reset?

Still resets; the ability triggers prior to resolution of the spell. As long as you aren’t at 6 health casting a Fireball or something, you are safe.

2 Likes