Mobile market killing HS

Blizzard is trying target mobile market not working and losing money and trying to make it up over price everything in the shop. Why would someone pay the same price as AAA tile for mobile game in world economies and china worst then rest gop losing money like crazy a lot business leaves for other counties.

So reopening Chinese servers not going help of that what prying for.

source ? this claim seems specific you mustve read about it somwhere

Look at quarter earning for blizzard sheet it long but show lost taking for everything include HS. It public for everyone.

Does it also cover Overwatches player numbers? I could use a laugh I wanna see where the numbers dipped on each characters release day.

No just give amount money made for years and how much lost and how much lost or gain over years in chart. They been dipping for the past for years and don’t sell the company because made money.

1 Like

Well…

He probably heard that on hearthstone mathematics. They’re talking a lot about it lately and they aren’t wrong considering some of the last events.

There are some points on why they are losing money.

1. HS art is bad

Not bad on quality but bad on themes. It is cool to be goofy but you can be goofy without being stupidly childish. Even my 8 years kid thinks it is really childish nowadays.

1. The game itself is insanely cheap

I talking on cards overall that is what you really need to play. People do some of the worst things possible with their collections and somehow still return without pay a cent.

This is a good thing for the players for sure but it’s something you’re not selling.

1. They’re trying some of the worst money grab possible lately.

Trying to sell cosmetic stuff that used to be free.
Tried to get early acess cards in the game and thank god it got bad enough that blizzard not did it again.

Hearthstone needs a renewal.

No, keep track actual stock and year earnings / quarts to see how blizzard is doing not YouTuber. The sale raises little with sale but how long is that going to be still struggling. Each year losing money or gain a little money but not enough like used to.

Well…

For hearthstone itself it really isn’t a surprise as a player.

Not because of the BS people talk every day about every deck but because on how much blizzard is trying to push paid stuff lately.

1 Like

HS has always been a mobile game first. When they left the Chinese market they took a beating in sales. They are entering back into that market and they are going all out to get those players playing again. The game has never been focused on the PC players.

BG’s on the other hand is more targeted at the PC market simply because the mechanics make it difficult to play the game on most mobile devices.

2 Likes

HS start on pc not mobile because mobile nothing back in 2014 during release. Mobile just be came thing of past few years.

This game is free.

Delusional.

In 2014 PC Gaming barely was ahead of mobile gaming. Mobile gaming was also showing growth of 40% or greater each year while PC growth was single digits. By 2016 Mobile gaming revenue in total eclipsed PC by 10 Billion and has been widening ever since. HS was created for the emerging mobile market at that time.

Current Mobile gaming is 3x more profitable than PC and 2x more profitable than console gaming.

1 Like

HS wasnt even available on mobile when it launched in 2014. It took a year or so for it to be made available to both Android and iDevice users from memory.

So saying HS was designed for a mobile market is questionable at best.

1 Like

It was designed for mobile, it takes a while to get your coding to work on the most common devices, which is why Im assuming it was released for mobile on iOS first and then later for android. Also the contracts with the app stores have to be negotiated and a big hitter like Blizzard probably thought they could take their time trying to get around the flat rate of every in game transaction getting cut for the app stores. (one of the many reasons they rolled out runestones currency). SO while it may have been released on pc first, Im certain if they could have ironed out all the coding issues and contract negotiations in time for the game release that it would have been on mobile and pc at the same time on launch, but the realities of mobile got in the way. But at no point was the game not designed for being functionable on the mobile devices as well as any pc being capable of it too.

Umm, do your research. iOS was the last platform it was released on.

That’s not how I remember things. I remember months of people crying and asking for a mobile version, before the first one went out, and then it was full of bugs and eating too much of memory.

It took years and lots of rewards offered for free for mobile version to gain traction.

The mobile version is invaluable, because it’s often the ONLY option, even if you have the best PC in the world (because you may not be at home).

I wouid say they pivoted to mobile market to capture a piece of that pie as it was growing so fast, but it wasn’t originally a mobile game.

Honestly mobile technology needed to get a bit better to handle HS as in more people needed to own phones capable of playing it for it to be widespread.

1 Like

I member the announcement of Hearthstone (in BlizzCon probably). I don’t recall being promoted mostly for mobile (the “don’t you people have phones?” meme came from another newer thing).

You can probably find the video online (it was John Hight I think).

1 Like

so
no source of mobile gaming causing something ?

you are the first one i see claiming the game is losing money because of mobile gaming