Miracle Rogue.....finds a way

You cannot stop the inevitable

9 Likes

I donā€™t really use HS replay so maybe I donā€™t understand what Iā€™m seeing, but where is Blood DK? Everyone is saying Blood DK is OP and needs to be nerfed into the ground so why isnā€™t it showing up in an HS replay tier list?

I hope itā€™s real because I love miracle and I am getting wrecked here with the things I try to run to counter the meta. Matchups are so polarized, either you run into whatever you are trying to target or you get totally smashed, itā€™s a bit frustrating.

As we discussed in the other thread, this is largely contextual tho. I donā€™t think this is going to establish itself as a top meta deck, it is just countering the greedy decks at top 1000 legend (which is great because the greed is getting out of hand). Thereā€™s little matchup information yet but it seems to have a negative matchup to relic DH and Frost DK; which is not a good sign for the deck, since these can easily be picked up again and weā€™d be back at square 1. Time will tell I guess. Also note that the only new card this deck is running isā€¦ Hipster :melting_face: (and Fizzle)

2 Likes

But Schyla, it was low for a few days, so all the rogue doomsayers were wrong!

(By the way, does it show a list yet? Iā€™m trying to finish off my rogue 1000)

2 Likes

ā€œWould you look at that!ā€ Itā€™s almost like giving Rogue more bounces on top of shadow step and really powerful minions makes it so Miracle rogue is always meta.

1 Like

Hereā€™s what comes up in HSReplay:

AAECAaIHBti2BNu5BMygBeigBeKkBazRBQz2nwT3nwT03QT13QT87QTBgwXdoAXfoAXgoAXBoQXVzgXZogYA

1 Like

Not yet, it only shows ā€œcommon cardsā€ but not a full deck list

1 Like

Only in 1 deck, but the common or popular cards list contains new ones, including Bouncing Around and Breakdance. Still waiting for things to shift and settle.

I usually go with ā€œaggro finds a wayā€, but hey the tempo combo stuff for rogue works too.

Whatā€™s the WRs on particular cards? Iā€™m interested in breakdance

Hearthstone Topdecks has 2 Miracle Rogue lists posted from top 20 legend in the last 24 hours. It appears that one deck uses some new core cards (Cult Neophyte, Fan of Knives), Hipster and Fizzle while the other uses only Fan Of Knives as a new core card, Fizzle, and Hipster

1 Like

I am not sure because I havenā€™t seen this list being played by or against any of the big streamers, but I think that list is the one that is finding success actually. The HsReplay overview thing will show every card that has been often included in the archetype at any point.

It is basically good old miracle rogue but without drakka and just purely focused on early board to overwhelm the opponent (wide board clears donā€™t come online till turn 5). I donā€™t really see the point of Hipster tho. I guess itā€™s just a 2 mana battlecry bounce target that comes in handy but seems whack. I will try this tho!

They arenā€™t playing at high legend.

The decks early on i was facing with Breakdance were really good. That card is an amazing play in rogue for a pitiful 1 mana.

And the Top Hearthstone Decks Legend deck lists donā€™t use ā€œBounce Around Featuring Garonaā€, Break Dance, or anything from Rogue in this expansion.

Thatā€™s the problem with creating a false dichotomy.

1. Rogueā€™s new cards are OP, therefore Rogue is OP.
  2. Rogueā€™s new cards are garbage, therefore Rogue is garbage.

Turns out there was a third option.
3. Rogueā€™s new cards are garbage, but itā€™s still OP after people stop trying to make the new cards work.

Therefore Zacho looks right in his assessment of Festival Rogue cards, while failing to imagine that Rogue would succeed by ditching them.

3 Likes

So after 10 games I can confirm the deck is probably here to stay and that it is really good. Itā€™s obviously a very small sample of games but I am 7-3 and I am just learning the deck (although I have hundreds of games behind me with miracle rogue builds).

The list I run does not run anything new other than Hipster, fan of knives and Fizzle. It is basicaly the old miracle list but slightly worse without Drakka. I feel it relies on 3 possible combos:

• For attrition matchups: try to generate wide boards early before wide removals come online, save shadowsteps for Astalor spam. Azshara colossals spam alternatively.
  • For Pure Pala, remove the board while building up threats of your own, then smorc. Honestly I feel this destroys Pure Palas like flies.
  • For other matchups or when you donā€™t draw this, there IS a new crazy thing that a new card enables for Rogue (here is where Schyla had a point, admittedly): our friend Fizzle. Turns out, Fizzle can be a crazy step target. Just imagine, you have a hand full of steps, cheap discounted cards or concoctions, astalor, azsharaā€™s horn; you name it. You take a pic, shadowstep, another pic, shadowstep again from shadow of demise, another picā€¦ you see how it goes. Then all of a sudden your Door of Shadows will draw a ā€˜Fill up your hand with all your nutty miracle goodiesā€™. Beautiful stuff if you ask me. I will admit, I had not seen this interaction coming and It is amazing.

You are right, Schyla, Miracle rogue does find a way, it turns out.

yup, this is exactly it.

edit: Small update, I am rocking an absurd 82% WR (14-3). Havenā€™t lost a single game since I posted. :zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

I kinda want to see what miracle rogue does. Unfortunately when I do run into them here at like 3.5k legend (seen about 2 of them), I just murder them fast with Totem Shaman. Maybe more of them will be there at higher legend?

Too bad as a f2p player I canā€™t make new lists for a few weeks while I grind packs and dust.

Clever girl.
ā€” Valeeraā€™s bounty, last words

Iā€™m playing around 1400 legend and i cannot see the power of this deck. Most likely because i am not hitting BDK and Paladin. However your average aggro Hunter deck has more questions than the deck has answers in total. Feels very much dependent on hitting those potion belts to keep the cards flowing.

I would say the general rankings for Rogue are correct ATM and the high end is getting the right matches to pair against.

1 Like

We have a lot of polarized metas but I think this one take the cake.

I am playing secret rogue, donā€™t lose a single game against blood DK, very popular in the ladder now, but not win a single game against paladin.

I am talking this after playing more than 10 games against both.

Never see nothing like that before.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not sure miracle rogue is that great. Itā€™s matchup vs frost dk is terrible, even if everything else is great, meanwhile frost dk enjoys a pretty awesome spread itself.

Maybe Iā€™m playing miracle rogue wrong (Iā€™ll be the first to admit I hate this archetype in itā€™s current form) however Iā€™m consistently being frozen out of wins vs frost dk. Iā€™ll check past records to see if frost dk was ever an even matchup, but it feels pretty Unwinnable, all they need to do is stall to turn 7 then freeze your out for the rest of the game.

2 Likes