Mercenaries: The Avalanchan Fight

I have managed to claw my way up to the Avalanchan fight a couple of times but haven’t gotten past him. My current team is Cariel-Samuro-Xyrella/Cairne-Rokara-Natalie.

I guess my basic question is - focus fire exclusively on Avalanchan?

I start with Cariel in Taunt and hammer/heal as needed with Samuro and Xyrella. That’s sort of your basic approach with that team but…it seems lacking in this case.

All help and suggestions appreciated, as always.

Some questions to give more specific advice:

What equipment are you using on your mercs?

What levels are your skills and equipment?

What treasures do you prioritize when offered?

1 Like

Avalachon freezes when attacked so a Melee fighter like Samuro isn’t the best and you won’t get his double hit with attack boost since he freezes attackers after the first hit. Also Samuro being a figher means he gets Crit Hit by the Boss.

I use a group of ranged casters. Malfurion, Guff, and Bru’kan was my setup but Antonidas, Baron Geddon, and Ragnaros would do just was well. Those setups are a little harder to get but I was able to grind them out then go back to story mode.

1 Like

Swapping out Natalie for Bru’kan did the trick, at least on my second run after posting this thread. I think I lost Samuro quickly in the fight but muddled through.

Of the casters you listed, I only have Guff (at 20 so far), Geddon (at 25) and Bru’kan. Haven’t gotten Malfurion, Antonidas nor Ragnaros yet. I am trying to play as F2P as I can but I did buy the launch bundle. I have picked up a couple others either through stories or coins.

1 Like

I did F2P as well, though I did convert some WoW money into Blizzard Balance to buy the welcome pack but mostly I have a lot of the Mercs bc I have too much time on my hands at the moment and Mercs Grind is a good time killer.

1 Like

Hi. I’ve just defeated it. My team for this task wer a L.26 Tyrande, L.22 Kurtrus, L. 18 Scabbs, L. 26 Tirion, L. 27 Millhouse and a L.27 Fox:

I started the fight with Kurtrus, Tyrande and Fox. I basically try to push the fastest tyrande atack so could use the fox combo of its first power, made a lot of damage over Avalanchan. Kurtrus survived only two rounds, but that was enough for me to almost kill the fighter of avalanchan.
Then entered Scabbs, who used the mid power with the mid intensity, and also took a lot of life from avalanchan’s mage. Scabbs died in that round.
The next round enter Tirion, who had previously got swift boots. I used him, to heal, but got Tyrande dead. Then entered Millhouse, so ended the Figth with Tirion, Millhouse and the Fox. Millhouse spamed AoE, to keep having Fox’s combo, at the time, tirion either got down avalanchan attack (on this game a blessing made the tanks to ave +10 attack) to 3 or put invulnerability, that gotme some time.
With Millhouse and Scabbs spamming de combos, i took down avalanchan in another 2 o 3 rounds.
Finally, after defeating avalanchan, Tirion died, so only remained avlanchan’s mage, who were taken down pretty easily.
Hope this had helped you.

PD: Tyrande got anti critical.

Resume: Try to use fast heroes.