Mercenaries: Sir Finley Task 2 Does Not Progress

“Use Murlocology 5 times.” does not accurately track usage. I tried with every single Murloc ability that can be discovered, none work.

Please fix ASAP.

UPDATE (8:45pm Pacific, 8/3) - task 2 can be completed and Finley reappeared at my campfire!

3 Likes

Yep. Discovered this as well, as have many others. Hope it gets fixed soon.

same here. i cannot progress and there is no bounty in mercenaries where you can get sir finley tokens.

There is actually, Acolyte of N’zoth in Darkshore.

1 Like

you are right. along with C’thun

Thanks for the report- the team is investigating this

2 Likes

I’m experiencing the same issue.

Right now I haven’t got any tasks for Sire Finley at all, despite his being added to the collection on the previous day, and only Toki has visited the campfire. Is this related, does anyone else experience the same situation and — more of a rhetoric question, probably — is this going to be communicated or documented, I wonder?

6 Likes

Also if you got him, he does not show up at the campfire at the usual reset time. Done all quests for other mercs and expected him to show, he didn’t, only usual tiki rubbish. Two hours trying to get a stranger today without any luck it’s just so rare now.

2 Likes

I can definitely second that he’s not showing up at the campfire, I’ve also had two mysterious stranger encounters, on a team where every other Mercenary has had their tasks maxed out, and I wasn’t given Finley as an option either time

3 Likes

He showed in the campfire when I logged in, as soon as I finished task 1 and the campfire menu popped up to claim, it was just straight up gone. Tried relogging, no dice.

2 Likes

Oh, thanks for testing that! And, of course, thanks to everyone for confirming the current status.

This reminds me of another recent problem with tasks, where the developers have temporarily disabled the whole task chain until the underlying problem is fixed. I would assume that they have done the same with Finley’s quests for now, although better communication would be appreciated.

2 Likes

I had a task for Sir Finley when I got him but went to do other things and when I went back that task was gone. Telling us something would help a great deal.

2 Likes

Finley’s tasks disappeared for me too. I really hope I don’t have to fish for the Mysterious Stranger again simply because the devs are unable to test out their own game. Seriously though, how many times can one studio drop the ball before people become fed up and quit playing entirely? Game-breaking bugs should be an occasional thing, not something that appears with every new patch.

2 Likes

Important to remember that they don’t test mercenaries content, we have always been their beta testers for this mode, once they are aware of the bugs they will fix them in a month or two, maybe.

2 Likes

Per the main 24.0 known issues thread, they’ve disabled the Sir Finley visitor until the issue is resolved.

• [Added 8/2] The team is aware that Sir Finley’s Task 2 is not currently tracking. The team is temporarily disabling the Sir Finley visitor while the Task issue is being worked on.
2 Likes

Same issue here it’s been few days I have Sir Finley and still no task showing up (except for Toki).

Just got Finley’s task 1 from the mysterious stranger…

PS

1 Like