[mercenaries] should you max out mercenaries?

Also a lot of people not wanting to do the grind tbh. If you play for fun, grinding to legend is a pita

This is why I say level skill you only use in my post when I was giving tips/help on the starting week, you can improve your battles by just having 1 good skill vs bots/players with less likely to see OP builds of the top tier level.

Also don’t let ßƐƐ Get under your skin, while they might not come off the best person to talk to, they aren’t that bad, true some of his statement are not needed to be explain or talk to, but when making a post over somethings like this, you’ll always get a “But” person. I will say it’s not hard to vs bots to some degree, with a good team/setup and you know who the biggest threat, but some people will slap whatever together and not know how to abuse things.

He’s abit rough on the edges and is 1 the long term forum posters, but while he comes off rough he does have some good sides, just remember that LittleSky.

I think it’s best to say in this type of manner, your bother wrong and right in way.

If you don’t understand the game to it’s fullest don’t push to max everything out right away, just focus on the few skill you do use and just let the coins build up. That way you can enjoy PvE, and if you wish to do PvP you won’t be as punished as hard.

As time ages and goes on, most player will be the top end, while people just face bots in the “climb” while waiting on 1-2 min ques. This will be bound to happen, if anything I kinda wish there was way to “refund” skills or just reset a character, like some sort of prestige for PvE to PvP modes, where you have 1 build with all the unlock for PvE and other dedicated to PvP builds. It might help with the “too many extra token” some people are having at the top tier where all they really do is PvP now as they have every thing else already (Very few have this status but most streamers do so it’s safe to assume some player also).

What would a “prestige” battle might look like? After you play a character, depending on how far you made it in PvE and which “treasure” you unlock, you could use them once in PvP. But that for a other topic… But that my thoughts on this whole back and forth you 2 seem to be having.

2 Likes

I don’t know which option would make me sweatier; 4:1 dust/craft ratios on coins, or introduction of “prestige” levels.

I guess what the other option for spare coins might become is buying portraits.

Also, @group, most skills stop scaling well after level 3.

Some mercs clearly require far fewer coins to reach the crest of diminishing returns than others.

Illidan, for example, requires a kajillion coins to reach his potential. Not a good Merc to start investing time in unless you already have unlocked a reliable farming source.

you are very rude toward my effort i put in this post. [happen multiple times in a row]

it’s understandable if you don’t understand at all since everyone have different culture and interaction.

i live in a country with at least 10 different culture in single city,
some of culture teach you to offer food and drink to people you know,
some of culture will be offended when you offer them used drink / food.

my friends got yelled at for offering someone a drink 18 years ago.

but i already tell you upfront and i hope for your understanding at this point.
you need to take into account my patience to explain everything to you despite how offended i am.

but i understand your lack of understanding since i believe we have different culture.

2 Likes

No he is not the one with poor attitude…

I did understand his opening post after reading it once. Its a bit cryptic (as english probably isnt his native language) but its clear enough and i think its very valuable advice.
Its also a positive thread,explaining that you dont have to max your merchs when going into pvp contrary to what many people seem to think.

Is it gaming the system? yes to a certain extend but that isnt his fault.
Is maxing out everything always better? Well in some ways it is and in a gaming sense it always it but it also depends on what you want to gain from pvp which is explained by his posts.

For now he is sitting in top 200 with a non maxed out team which is quiet a feat. Showing that you dont need to max your team to do quiet well in pvp.

2 Likes

thank you for the clear explanation on my post,
majority of people in this forum believe they need to max out and gain 1/5 bonus to play fighting pit.

which actually is not true if you take the matchmaking system into account.
that’s why i start this post.

not when you want to unlock everything and start playing PVP. and spend 2 hours grinding tasks and only pick up Mysterious Stanger Twice… and your mercenary still needs 4 more tasks to unlock the 3rd equipment. and you have 5 other mercenaries that need the same thing still.

ugh im never going to unlock this crap.

i feel your pain,
i spent some time to unlock the 7th task equipment by going trio just to make sure i got the task i want.

they prioritize task on your mercenaries hence i limit my team to 3 people just to pick up task quickly.