Mercenaries Mobile Disaster

Every release this game becomes more of a wreck for mobile users. Mercenaries is no different.

Stuck crashing the bounty after you get your travel point, every single menu in this game lags but Mercs seems much worse, it’s almost as laggy as the game store! You can’t even read what the enemy will do because it cuts halfway off the screen on hover! This would make it impossible to play, not that I would ever know because it simply doesn’t work.

I feel like Blizzard cares less and less about mobile users every update. I already gave up lagging my way through Battlegrounds despite how I liked it, please don’t let this game mode be another waste for mobile. I’m aware PC players are having trouble too, but that only worries me more.

Is there no hope for mobile? Can we not sacrifice some elements graphically in order to have a stable game? Maybe you optimize for phones that aren’t the iPhone 30XX. Maybe you could have a graphic setting, what a novel idea!

TLDR; Mercenaries, like BG and everything else, sucks on mobile. Enemy attack previews cut off the screen making it strategically unplayable (if I could make it past the tutorial), there’s so many laggy menus and they all take forever to open. Blizzard hates mobile and would rather things look good than run well.

7 Likes

I can’t even launch the mode… when I click on it nothing happens, still highlighted in blue, all the other options are working just not mercenaries. Updated, uninstalled/reinstalled… still the same :frowning:

5 Likes

The sad thing is, I can’t even give a review of the mode itself because it doesn’t work. At a glance though, it seems like the greediest mode yet. I can’t imagine myself getting a team that I want to play with the way it’s laid out. That said, what is the point of playing if you can’t play what you want? Not gonna empty my wallet on a game I’ve already paid so much for over the years, especially when they hardly take any feedback or at least address problems.

1 Like

Hey all,

What phone models and OS versions is this happening on? If we can look for some commonalities in phone hardware or operating system version that may help the Hearthstone team investigate if there’s performance improvements that can be made.

We do want to make sure that these devices meet the current posted system requirements for Android and iOS.

I’ve been playing on this Chromebook for a bit so I guess it would count as the mobile version since I get it from the Google store. I saw a few other people with Chromebooks in the forums that this is happening to… hopefully it can be fixed.

Motorola E5 Cruise, Android OS 8.0
It’s not the best phone to be sure, but it’s always been able to run Hearthstone over the few years I’ve had it.
I did manage to get through the tutorial and the rest, while a bit slow, hasn’t crashed as badly.

My biggest issue with mobile other than lag is that the enemies attacks are often cut halfway off the screen and it makes it difficult to tell what they will do! They just need to be scaled to the size of your screen.

Playing on PC, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 20H2 19042.1237, HS version 21.4.0.95431. Hadn’t tried to play Mercenaries until about 10pm Eastern.

I started on iPad, than continued on PC, both are broken. I can play, but I cannot build all the equipments should be built. And it says I cannot open my card packs till I complete the tutorial. But I already did it. Not just the tutorial, but the whole 1st game. Can sy do sg??
thx

Using an iPhone 8 Plus I’m having the same issue with enemy moves being cut off screen when hovering over them to view their upcoming moves

1 Like

Blackview bv5900, android 9,mercenaries menu don’t work. Hearthstone is wonderfull, but i never saw a game bugged like this.

Device: iPhone 8 Plus
iOS: 15.0.2
Hearthstone: 21.4.95431

The cards are cut off and impossible to read:
imgur . com/nF3Cvf9.jpg
imgur . com/StXsVmR.jpg

1 Like

Phone 7 plus
iOS 14.7.1
Hearthstone 21.4.95431

Cannot read enemies abilities because they appear partially off-screen

Same here, I was really excited to play the game mode but my game just doesnt launch

The issue with abilities / cards being off screen on mobile is a known bug that the Hearthstone team is working to resolve in an upcoming patch.

Mentioned in the 21.4 Launch Day Known Issues

• Visual bug where some tooltips and pop-ups are clipped off the edge of the screen on mobile devices.

I can’t even get into the Mercenaries mode. When I click it, a pop up appears and says there is an issue opening the menu and try again later. I have done the whole uninstall and reinstall thing, and it still doesn’t work.

Im using an LG Stylo 5,

• Android Version:10
  • Software Version Q720VS20f
    and when I tap on Mercenaries it will go through to the next menu but once I tap play it freezes the game for a minute or two before returning to the main menu with a popup that says Mercenaries is unavailable right now, or something along those lines. I can’t remember the exact phrasing. Its been doing that since the update. I tap it every once in a while to see if anything different happens. Always does the exact same thing.

Hi,
Device : iPhone 8
iOS : 14.8
Makes some battles in PvE very random and difficults…

Redmi Note 4X
Android 7.0
Screen Resolution 1920x1080
The cards are cut off and impossible to read

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.