Mercenaries: (dual) types and factions

Got a few questions here, apart from poor Mr Bigglesworth, whom they made Undead for some crazy reason:

1. Mannoroth has Undead as a secondary type, while The Lich King (Arthas essentially) does not. Am I missing something here? I think DK’s were undead even in WC3, and even TLK’s description in Battlegrounds hints at his unlife. And what’s going on with Manno? They mixed those two characters when assigning types or is there some lore that I’m not aware of?
  2. Illidan and his followers are now neutral, i.e. with no faction — makes sense, except for maybe Kurtrus (wasn’t he a bit of an Alliance guy, at least during his sojourn on Azeroth?), but aren’t they also Demons?
  3. Not like anyone cares about Mary Sue Tamsin Roame, but still: not even a Horde merc?
  4. Of course, sometimes it’s hard to omit Nemsy: turns out she’s neutral? No allegiance with the Alliance… or perhaps the Empire :squid: , even? Just ‘new toys to play with’ is all she cares about? :grinning:

[UPD] Apparently, Mannoroth is supposed to be an undead demon:

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Mannoroth

With TLK, however, I consider it a bug and reported it as such.

There’s also the old point about Tyrael and Humans… One could also discuss whether dragons ‘in disguise’ are dragons, although they generally haven’t been.

1 Like