Mecha'thun fun and very interactive

Always fun seeing your opponent having drawn his entire deck at turn 11.
yep very interactive.

15 Likes

Don’t you love the non-druid variants that play dub Gal 1st?
That’s the best part.

“Sorry, your surprise-list can’t be shown all in one turn…like the cool nonmeta OTK’s do that aren’t meta…you have to show first what’s coming with 2 Gals”.

It’s like “Hey, ok, I can’t OTK this…here’s my pathetic dub galvanizers…that i held onto to try to make this seem like some OTK…when it’s absolutely-not”

2 Likes

Not really OP, but a pretty poorly designed card. A card designed around non interaction seems to go against the old style of ‘interactive gameplay.’

The shift in design philosophy reflective of these types of cards is really hurting the game, and hurting my desire to play.

7 Likes

Only Druid, Warlock and Priest are big offenders imo. I heard in interview that the devs don’t like the Priest one, because the way how Priest activates it feels bad.

Warrior’s Mecha’thun is very balanced, in fact, it’s very slow and Controlish.

Sure, the opinion will change once Warrior can somehow draw its entire deck in 10-15 turns. But that’s not the case…

Hunter is also going get a powerful Mecha’thun combo next expansion. But Hunter surviving to the late game without Rexxar? Good luck…

In Wild, Mecha’thun is excellent card for Control decks. It shuts down infinite value like Rexxar, Jade Druid.

4 Likes

No hunter not getting it. If obilitron summon mecha’thun and trigger it’s deathrattle. There is a minion on board. Mecha thun itself.

Obviously that’s not the full combo.

2x Galvanizer, Oblivitron [new], Hunter’s Mark, Zul’jin Hero-power, 1 Goblin Prank, 1 Mecha’thun

Besides that, Hunter already has a Mecha’thun combo:
2x Galvanizer buffing, 1x Goblin Prank, 1 Mecha’thun

Ewww! 2-ex Galv deck? Gross, not-unique, same-as-all-the-other-Meca’s FTMP.

Meca no-Galv non-Priest is cooler.

Point of Meca is to play it non-meta style.
Not 2-ex Galva-style. Meta-style. Show-your-surprise the turn before style.

Lol, show your surprise with 2x Galvs pre-lethal turn.
It’s like so pathetic to OTK like that.

OTK’s are about…ok…here’s a big combo u didn’t see coming.
Not…ok…here’s 2x Galvs…yea, you know my combo next turn now…lol how sad.
Eww, Gross, IK.

2x-Galv Meca-OTK is like…screen-door!
Such a screen door 2x Galv-brainstorms are.

2x Galvs are screen-doors to the point of an OTK…surprise.
Can u have surprise w 2x-Galv Meca? No.
Galv has hidden-text “give away what you’re going to do, the turn before”.
That sucks…

Nobody sees 2x Galv-drop and is like “Dang chica, what 2-3-4 card combo could be coming next? Could it involve Meca?” 2x Galv is like screen-door on sale…no surprise…no fun.

Apparently Warlock is the only class that uses 2x Galvanizer, yea and Hunter but no one plays Mecha’thun Hunter, it’s probably very difficult or just a weak deck atm.

But in theory Hunter can skip Galvanizer if you hate it that much, Blizzard just needs to print a 2-mana “destroy your own minion, give your hero a random secret” or something.

Personally, I hate Warlock’s Mecha’thun too. Druid is oke. Priest is also lame. Warrior’s is imo just excellent.

1 Like

Another cool design brought to us by Activision.

4 Likes

Mechathun decks are much of the reason I run Krag’wa and unstable evolution.

I can repeatedly fish for the 1/8 hakkar chance to win the game.

Except against priest, since they can just delete the blood, or scream away hakkar after you get it.

I’m not a fan of the decks that win via mechathun mostly because there isn’t really anything in the meta that directly threatens their win condition. If we got a form of hand disruption I would be far more accepting of it, since you could actually fight back against what the deck is doing.

3 Likes

Yeah, priests and Mecha’thun should be send to hall of fame with the rest of the gang ruining this game.

1 Like

In the interest of fairness, Mechathun could easily be the most interactive win condition based solely on the sheer number of knobs you can turn against it.

Anything which:

Prevents one turn activation
Adds minions to field
Adds cards to hand
Adds cards to deck
Triggers when its played to disable it
Or remove it either from hand or deck

Interacts with this win con. That’s a lot of knobs. So the problem with it is never going to be how interactive it is by design but how many cards the team responsibly creates to do so.

Basically, it’s so easy to interact with that, if you find you cannot, blame team 5 HARD because they have literally all possible options available to create cards which do.

1 Like

MechaThun is the sole reason why I spent 1,600 dust to craft Hakkar.

Yes, I crafted a legendary just to counter that card.

Shows how fun and interactive it is.

2 Likes

Just send Mecha’thun to hall of fame as soon as possible.
We need a fair game, not cards to fight cheaters.

Realistically OTK Mecha’thun is going away at rotation. Only Warrior will exist that we know of and that will essentially be a fatigue deck so you’ll get to play the majority of your deck as well.

2 Likes

Did everyone forget about geist? Most people just autoconcede when i play him

That only stops the druid version.

You are helping the priest and lock thin their deck with geist without stopping the actual ability to otk you with mechathun.

1 Like

A person winning the game using cards made by game designers isnt cheating.

It’s not different than any other win con in that respect. Aggro is “cheating” if no early removal exists. Control is “cheating” if no way to reload or establish threats exists.

And combo is “cheating” if no way to interact with the combo exists.

Interacting with your opponents win con is core gameplay. Your salt here is silly when you think about it.

1 Like

Agreed to the reply above. Honestly, any card like, Mojomaster or Mana Wraith is a good disruption to the Mecha’thun, something that makes it even harder for your opponent to finish you off, when it’s obvious what they’re doing.

I would add that we could use some more variety in how we can interact with it. Mojo is sweet. But it’s also a legend. I wanna play with the decks other knobs too.