Mechanic not working (dredge)

Mechanic not properly working

Hello, I just played some rounds of ranked and encountered a problem, that a mechanic didn’t work properly multiple times. In some games it worked, in some it didn’t, the last game it didn’t work.
I attacked with harpoon gun and dredged shadehound, but it wasn’t put on top and I didn’t draw it next turn. Don’t know if it’s also not properly working with other cards as well.

kind regards

You or your opponent played an effect that shuffled your deck, so the Shadehound wasn’t on top anymore.

Post your deck list.

1 Like

No, there was no effect, that shuffled my deck in between me attacking and drawing next turn on those occasions. I also don’t have any shuffle/deck order cards in the deck besides the harpoon gun.
Edit: I also didnt shuffle in cards with dire frenzy after attacking.

Beast v3

Format: Wild

AAEBAR8I3gTbCYj0A9uRBL2gBOe5BNDkBLCTBQuNAbsF2QmBCuq7Ao7DAovlAtvtA4PIBMDtBI6kBQA=

In that case you must have encountered a genuine bug. But Harpoon Gun is a much played card and there are not dozens of similar reports. This suggests that the bug must be extremely rare, and caused by a very specific combination of minions on the board and active effects in play.
To help Blizzard investigate this, they need to know the exact game state when this happened. If you play with an add-on that records the games, then please post the link of a replay where this issue occurred.

Here is the replay link:
https(doubledot)//hsreplay(dot)net/replay/ZLidzBN7ZE3fsSi2gKStXM
Not allowed to post the regular link, you gotta replace the doubledot and dot.
On turn 4 I attack with harpoon gun, and you can see, that I have the choice between shadehound and two times starving buzzard, and next turn I draw hunters mark. Also no bomb was shuffled on top of the deck, otherwise I would have drawn it first, and would have had to draw the shadehound afterwards.

After you dredged, your opponent shuffled a bomb into your deck, reordering your deck

4 Likes

Guy denies – twice! – that the deck was shuffled after the dredge.

Turns out the deck WAS shuffled!

I don’t understand why people claim that something didn’t happen, when it clearly DID happen.

Even if their memory was faulty, it’s all spelled out in the replay. Do people not bother looking at their own replays before running to file a bug report??

Why would you expect the bomb to go on top of the deck?

“Shuffle” does not mean “insert at a random position”. It means the deck is completely reordered.

Is this a language issue? Is English not your first language? Does the equivalent word to “shuffle” in other languages not carry that specific meaning?

Yes, this is not the same in other languages, but this is indicated in the rules of any card game. It is strange to expect other rules from Hearthstone.