Malfurian vs Ragnaros 7/8 BoH

Did you all intend to make the battle versus Ragnaros as Malfurian in the latest Book of heroes nearly, or possibly actually impossible to beat? Or, as I suspect, did you not even bother to play test this fight at all?

I’ve tried this fight several times in several different ways. When I get a nice board, my minions are burned down with flamestrike or volcano. The hero power gives spell damage, and yet there are very few damaging spells in the pitiful deck that you give us to fight. The Ragnaros hero power is way too powerful and it costs 0. there is no way to compete with the power of this boss with the pathetic deck and weak powers at our disposal.

I thought perhaps that if I survived long enough maybe there would be some RP help or something, but nope, I can’t survive long enough if there is supposed to be.

1 Like

I won’t comment on this one but the final fight is just BS/bugged. It has to be bugged.

The final power is "When you have less than 3 minions give them 1/1) Well if you hit someone for 1 damage (Whisps, treants, gremlin) Then the power recalculates that they have 1 hero, and gives them back the health. So unless you hit them for more than one, which they don’t give you a lot of heavy hitting cards, they are immortal.

So you Beat Ragnaros, and have come to my thread to brag, and also complain about the next fight? Could you perhaps be helpful and give me a tip on how to beat Ragnaros instead?

Edit: Nevermind. I finally defeated him after dozens of attempts. It took a ridiculous amount of attempts and luck to finally keep a few minions on my board so that I could actually do something.

1 Like

I feel blizz has a handful of playtesters that don’t switch out. So it’s the same handful that have played their game from the start, and understand what strategies work. So they keep saying, “This is good.” and blizzard listens. So when the game hits market and the masses play, no one has any idea what the heck is going on.

3 Likes

The challenge makes it fun for me. Not to brag but it took me 3 attempts to beat him, it’s mostly just luck, but it feels good to overcome a challenge. The easy fights are disappointing because we wait weeks for these adventures to come out.

1 Like

did kill ragnaros on the first, but i also thought the last two fights are kinda terrible design, the hero power has about zero synergy with anything and it´s just a bad token druid deck with way too little payoff for creating a board (i mean 14dmg catform is nice and all, but all you´d want is pride´s fury).

i won first try pretty easy…

Whew, this was a pretty close one, had only 5 health left when I won. Fortunately, Ragnaros killed the 2 Dormants at JUST the right time AND Guidance gave me 2 Ironbarks (never knew it could give twice the same). They revived at the perfect moment for me to Glowfly Swarm + Soul of the Forest and put both Ironbarks on the Dormants, then I top-decked Arbor Up, giving me 43 total damage (Cenarius’s Frenzy was triggered and nothing died somehow), exactly the same amount Ragnaros was at.

I either got lucky on my third try or my strategy worked. Hamuul should be kept alive for his affect. Unfortunately, Cenarius needs to die to be useful. I saved the lifesteal dryad spell until after Cenarius came back to life. Then Cenarius got burned a little and buffed up my dryads. After an Arbor Up, Ragnaros was done.

1 Like

That’s a pretty good theory mate, I think that’s very close to reality… back to the topic I struggled a little bit with Ragnaros but what I didn’t know was that you could cast the hero power on Malfurion and give him multiple + Spell Damage as long as he was with full health, that helped a little bit

I agree I love a challenge it makes it that much better when you do beat it