[Main Thread] iOS Device Crashes after Latest Patch

Same here, still waiting for a compensation or else blizzard gets no more money from me… ever…

1 Like

Better but far from functioning for me. Started a Tavern brawl (the portal to Northrend solo), got the gameloading bar and then it crash at the end when the bar was full, restarted and actually managed to play about 3 turns then boom (also crashed my iPad, ie black screen with spinning wait cursor of doom). iPad Air ios 10.
Edit: Tried reinstalling as someone suggested, same result. Bar end-crash. 3 turns-crash to desktop.

Well, now I literally can’t play the game at all. Went into the tavern brawl (which worked fine yesterday), noticed I had the option of asset downloads disabled and thought why not? So, I enabled it. Once the percentage hit 100 the game crashed. Now every time I start the app it says it’s reconnecting to my game and then crashes. I can’t do anything. Open app, crash, open app, crash, open app, crash. It’s no longer just an inconvenience. Now it’s literally unplayable.

1 Like

Wow! Looks like I’m back to playing normally on my iPad Air! Finally! It did require completely deleting the app and reinstalling though! So, no more crashes when touching card at bottom of screen!

Still waiting for some compensation.
The fix still it’s not complete after game sometime crash and rarely crash in game

3 Likes

Ok, now instead of crashing it says I disconnected from the game, says it can’t reconnect me, and then sends me to an infinite loading screen for the main menu. When I close the game and reopen it it is fine and reconnects me to the game in seconds.

So all you guys did is make me have to manually ‘crash’ my game by restarting it every few turns? That isn’t a fix for your buggy client Blizzard!

1 Like

Hi just want to say THANKS for fixing the crash problem . I have an ipad pro and longer having every game crash. Keep making fun content.

Mine just crashed today. This has been going on too long…

6th gen ipad, crashes to “desktop” so often can hardly keep track. Current iOS- 13.3 128gb storage. Normally can just restart app to get back in but crash occurs across ALL game modes. Some weeks better than others but still this has been a issue for a long time now. When will the community see some sort of fix or at least a recommended work around so keep the app stable? Today- 1/29/20 almost every other turn in adventure play it crashed. Just Browsing card library- crash.

What is a temporary work around? Using a bluetooth keyboard, turning off sound, graphics setting or something? Have not found anything that seems to change issue yet.

I have had numerous issues with the game from the last few patches, this has caused my game to continually crash on my device resulting in numerous losses of rank on both standard and BG. I have also lost card packs during rollbacks.

Each time I have pleasantly raised tickets on the support forum and basically been told that the underlying bug is known and will be fixed but nothing has been done to try and remedy the impact this has had on me as a player.

I have spent hundreds of pounds on hearthstone and been a Blizzard player since Diablo I and I’m flabbergasted that no attempt has been made to re compensate me for my losses. As there seems no way for me to contact anyone directly to raise this issue I am writing it here in the hope I can garner some kind of official response.

Thanks

Sorry to hear that .

Game continues crashing cannot complete challenge morgal the oracle this did not happen with any other character.Can not play any other modes since it’s in a loop even when uninstalled and reinstalled.

iPad Pro 12.8

Since the most recent tavern brawl went live on Wednesday, everytime I played the game I’d experience 1 to 3 crashes over the course of any game I played in either the tavern dungeon run or ranked play. Since yesterday afternoon, I can’t even make it past the initial quest display screen. I’ve reinstalled, still have the same problem. Anyone have an ideas? I’m playing on an iphone 7s, and everything is up to date patch wise for both my phone and the game.

Last week I one-shotted the tavern brawl before it was replaced, so I didn’t get stuck in the endless Bob loop like many others. However, after I beat the 8th boss Reno said, “OK, here’s one more portal,” but then the game crashed. After I reloaded it just tallied up the 8 bosses I’d defeated.

Today I updated to 16.2 on my iPad (since it wasn’t available yesterday like it was for all other platforms). I looked forward to beating the Tavern Brawl again and seeing what that final portal was all about, but even on the updated 16.2 client the game still crashed at the exact same spot.

What gives? Are we going to experience crashes for another month on iPad? I’m sure anyone reasonable can understand the Apple user community being a little peeved at this point.

Yup, after 16.2 it crashed in exactly the same way for me, after 8th boss win, CRASH, re-enter, tally up. Sigh…

Ok so basically, hearthstone is unplayable for me because this bug isn’t fixed yet, every time I try to play it crashes. Please find a way to fix this blizzard!!

I fixed the problem with deleting and reinstalling hearthstone. Have you tried this since last update has been released?

Finally was able to play the Karazhan Adventure after last patch, but on the last encounter (the tower spire, free Medivh!) the crash loop is back: everytime the Nazra Orc woman appears and the game goes into the first drawing, the game just crashes. Upon restart the game is reconnecting and crashes again, over and over. Only if i am lucky enough to be able to concede before first draw i can escape the crash. Can someone confirm this issue? So far i tried using different heroes, different Decks, no matter, it crashes as soon the drawing starts. iPad 7th gen, iOS 13.3.1, latest HS 16.2.40734

8 posts were split to a new topic: [Main Thread] - IOS Crashing after 16.4