Mage is horrible or what?

After my 5th straight loss I’m kinda gets irritating. I take my time to build my deck, im not new to Card games or even these class concepts since I play WoW.
Im already guessing Mage is the worst type in the game.
Any random with default cards defeat me with the same cheap stuff. I admire Warlock players, and I see Rogue is probably the most meta in Meta history of all the metas.
Also, a question: is the ranked system MMR based or something? Or is Hearthstone also a “smurf” community? Smurf is the term used in LoL to describe an account with low “rating”, but performs at very high level. Like a very good player using a low lvl account.
Sincerely, someone who enjoys competition but not losing 5 times in a row.

1 Like

Idk about standard but in wild the secret mage archetype is the most op deck in the game.

Mage has the potential to deal a lot of damage. Check out this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUoa8kEegxk

That’s just one type of Mage.

At the lower ranks there are all sorts of players, and a significant proportion of new accounts are “smurfs”, so will be playing at a higher level than you might expect, but there is always room to capitalise on mistakes and turn around some of your games.

Yes, there’s some Smurfing just like any other game. However Smurfing isn’t so good because it takes time to build a collection on an alt account. So in reality there’s more meta deck chumps than Smurfs at Ranks 17-20. For that reason speed ranking is also not a thing in HS as it is in LOL and Starcraft.

Mage is indeed pretty bad right now, I recommend you stay away from it as a new player. Warlock is overall just as bad, but aggressive builds are OK, and are a good option for new players as you can build cheap versions that perform decently.

If you are going for a fully developed meta deck, there’s cheap Murloc Shaman builds that are spectacular.

HSREPLAY has a lot of decks, check the meta section (you will see just how bad Mage is).

No MMR on ranked, only based on rank and stars. That’s why it’s possible to lose so often.

1 Like