Macbook Pro late 2011 crashed when start

I can play hearthstone with this late 2011 macbook pro on an earlier patch but when it updated to latest patch (23.6? i think) my macbook pro can’t even start a game. I tried restart my macbook pro, reinstall the game, scan and fix this game in option menu but this game is still getting crashed.

It is also the case for me.

macOS High Sierra Version 10.13.6
MacBook Air (13-inch, Mid 2011)
Processor 1.8 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 384 MB

Seems like this problem has been recorded in many posts but they keep getting closed without resolution after 30 days of inactivity.

I have the same issue. Hearthstone crashes at launch.

macOS High Sierra Version 10.13.6
MacBook Air (13-inch, Mid 2011)
Processor 1.7 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 384 MB

These are the suggestions I have seen:

Go to Game Settings, check “additional command line arguments” , and enter “-force-openGL”
This did not work.

Go to /Users/your user/Library/Preferences/Blizzard/Hearthstone/options.txt Edit options.txt and set “graphicsquality=0” then save the file and restart.
This also didn’t work.

I found a workaround for myself. How it helps others.

Tldr: full screen crashes hearthstone, force the game into windowed mode during startup to avert the crash

When the game is launching (tavern doors) swipe around to different window. (I go all the way left to my widgets page.) This forces hearthstone out of full screen mode into windowed mode. Keyboard shortcuts and the window buttons didn’t work for exiting full screen. I got lucky with swiping.

Also it only runs in windowed mode. If I go back to full screen it crashes again.

So my problem is definitely running hearthstone in fullscreen. I could not find a setting to start in windowed mode so I need to force it into a window while it’s starting.