Lost access to perks in Battlegrounds

Purchased the perks package in battlegrounds last month. Two days ago I lost access between back to back games. Out of no where stopped giving me 4 champion options. When I click on the perks button just prompts to purchase

with new expansion there is also a new tavern pass

Then why didn’t any of the people I play with lose access? I thought perks on battlegrounds were a one time purchase

because they bought the new tavern pass

Tavern pass should be a one time purchase. Requiring the player to buy a new tavern pass for every xpac at 20 bucks a pop for an un-blanced beta release is a scam.

Sadly, no, it is not a one time purchase. The pass expires whenever a new expansion is released, as Scholomance Academy just did this week. To get the maximum value out of the pass, you need to buy it right when an expansion is released so that it will last the full duration of that expansion. If you buy it a month before an expansion release, then the pass will only be valid for that month.

I think it’s a ridiculous system, personally… if the battle pass is going to expire, it should be a fixed duration like 4 months, rather than being tied specifically to the expansion release cycle. I do think that getting the perks through the preorder card bundles should still be tied to the expansions, but those bundles are time limited on their availability, so you always get the roughly maximum duration. (I say roughly because it kicks in as soon as you buy the preorder, not when the expansion releases and the bundle is removed from the shop, so there’s maybe a week or two variance depending on when you purchase the preorder.)

this is a bug report forum, if you want to rant about blizzard and how the charge different products then this is not the forum for that.

I see no harm in voicing my opinion alongside trying to help explain why something is not actually a bug. If you don’t like it, feel free to put me on ignore, because I’m not going to withhold my opinions unless a moderator intervenes. I was also far from ranting.